Coffee

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score

Then I loaded 4 unwilling sheep. THAT I’m a pro at.

they know how good they had it there. :)

As usual, they beat up my knees. Ouch. Had to scrapie ear tag a couple, practiced my sit on sheep left arm head hold maneuver. Got them loaded and pulled truck around, headed out. Taking them to auction this morning. Ought to be real interesting when I have to back up to their loading chute. Y’all wish me luck! Going for another cup of coffee.

much luck and less wear (first typoed as war) on the knees! plus good auction prices! :)

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
@baymule I’ve been backing up to trailers, then backing up with trailers for decades. When you get good at it, you have been doing it too much. Shorter the wheel base, the harder it is. Even professional semi drivers usually don’t get there the first time. Back up cameras do make hooking up to trailer much easier.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Son has a 2019 King Ranch dually diesel with back up cameras, But I don’t. LOL So it’s lots of get out of truck, walk back to trailer and see how far off I am. Backing it up once hitched is much easier.
Did good at auction, got $970 for 4 sheep, less commission $887. Lots of buyers there today.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Son has a 2019 King Ranch dually diesel with back up cameras, But I don’t. LOL So it’s lots of get out of truck, walk back to trailer and see how far off I am. Backing it up once hitched is much easier.
Did good at auction, got $970 for 4 sheep, less commission $887. Lots of buyers there today.
They do make rods with orange balls to make it easier to line up.

Glad buyers were there.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Screenshot_2021-12-05-09-59-17_kindlephoto-212937169.png
Could have gone on Cats' or @Phaedra Geiermann 's season decorations threads :).

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
That would be something like the story of my last trip to the garage with the car.

My mechanic for 15 years or so, retired and sold his business. I talked to him, "where do I go?" Instead of the buyers, he sent me off to another outfit. Last time I was in there was with an ignition that would dang near lock up and a coolant leak. They couldn't find the ignition problem, "fixed" the leak (it started again within weeks), pushed a tube loose that carried engine oil, and sold me a new battery. Over $300 and the engine had oil spraying over the top within days (I fixed that). Need to do something different about the coolant - will go somewhere else - too tight for me to even see what the problem is.

Finishing my second cup of tea with the New Johnny's catalog!

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Got a leaking fuel line. There was diesel blow back on the trailer. I'll take truck to the shop in the morning.

There goes your sheep money....
No kidding! Car is chugging, after I take truck this morning, I’ll take car for them to plug in a code reader and see what’s up. And now the AC/heat unit won’t come on. I’m getting annoyed here….. Social Security hasn’t started paying me husband’s part of SS yet, maybe next month. The sad part is SS does this to everyone. What about people who are barely hanging on? Take away the major portion of their income for months, how are they supposed to get by? Thankfully I have some savings. I’m just venting.

Latest posts