Coffee

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning, to those of us on this here continent and for a ways on points West. Good Day, to Everyone :).

It is just barely freezing here. The forecast is evolving a little as we move into this week. Warmer with rain instead of snow. Our 5" on the ground will be fast eliminated at this elevation and higher! Right now, it's very foggy with visibility at 1/4 mile at one airport and 1/8th mile at the other.

Finished my French toast and slices of apple and Asian pear. There are so many persimmons in the kitchen – somebody had better stay right on 'em. I recently read that unripe and too many persimmons can cause problems. The ones we have are just coming ripe. They were nearly an unknown when I was a kid and more likely to eat foolishly but I will have to take this new caution under advisement. And, the citrus crops are coming in, in a major way at the soopermarket — needing some Mandarin oranges ...

Steve, consumer

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
About to brew my second coffee, just back from the garden as snow was fully gone. Most of the annuals and lettuces are dead as their stems were completely frozen in the past week, so I cleaned two large bags and composted them.

Garden MUMs are pretty hardy - after staying under snow and frost for about one week, they are just fine. I cut back all stems till a few inches above the soil. The weather will be a little bit better and warmer later this week, and I will start to cover most of the areas with homemade compost.

Large brassicas are also fine, although they looked terrible a few days ago. Most of the perennials are naked now, but buds are waiting. Hens are so far happy with the roofed runs. The first snow didn't cause too much troubles, thankfully.

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Afternoon all! I apologize for being quiet I sunk into a little bout of depression just recently think it's due to still being stunned by the passing of my Uncle very very unexpectedly back on Nov 8th.
A couple weeks ago I made HOMEMADE Vanilla Ice Cream without an ice cream maker machine and yes FH was very very surprised that I was able to do that.
2nd pic is of the stack of Save the Date cards that went in the mail yesterday morning still have a smaller stack to go but need to get stamps on Fri and going to stock up on stamps before the New Year seeing how postage stamp price going up AGAIN :duc:rant:somad:barnie.

Attachments

• received_808798734266125.jpeg
    received_808798734266125.jpeg
    23.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20231204_101725.jpg
    IMG_20231204_101725.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 49

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not good especially if she was showing signs of labor or going into it.
She hasn’t shown signs of labor. I have to be gone all day tomorrow so that’s probably when she will lamb. I have a friend checking on her tomorrow just for my peace of mind. LOL

Latest posts