Coffee

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I froze everything with meat, like the stuffing, which had cooked pork. I defrosted 1/2 of it and scrambled eggs to have with today's coffee.
YUMM!!!!
DD is gonna try another turkey--we still have 2 frozen in respective freezers--so I get another stab at stuffing.
@digitS' . I admire your astronomical knowledge! I swore that I would learn the constellations when I moved her 24 years ago. You probably get better viewing, but I can see the Milky Way, Pleiades and both Canus's, and Orion rises over my garage in the winter
I guess I am too busy horse caretaking each winter to look up and learn. :hit

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
your astronomical knowledge
No, I don't have much ... I just like looking at the night sky during the Winter. The view south with few trees and buildings, besides, it's downhill, is a fairly good one. The Earth's horizon is viewable and street lights and such are not a big problem at a distance of about 10 miles to the nearest mountain in that direction. Anyway, I very much like to have mountains to look at but also having the open sky is wonderful.

I have finished my morning cup of coffee. Both breakfast and a second breakfast (of pumpkin pie from the freezer yesterday ~ hey, something had to be done with DD's leftover Cool Whip ;)!) Three loads of clothes were washed and dried, indoor trash was collected and carried out to the garbage can, the clothesline over the lawn was taken down ~ I don't think that I will be needing that for awhile ...)

Speaking of "open skies," it is very dark today despite everything being covered with hoarfrost out there. We had some sunshine again yesterday but it only melted frost on the south side of the roofs. No above freezing temperatures for 5 days now and that looks to continue, sunshine or not, clouds or not. This is officially "unhealthy" air. Dang! Well, it used to be worse when so many people were heating their homes with wood. And, it doesn't look like it will be much worse because we are supposed to have another little snowstorm before the week is out. So, I guess, I'm looking forward to snow :D.

Steve

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
No, I don't have much ... I just like looking at the night sky during the Winter. The view south with few trees and buildings, besides, it's downhill, is a fairly good one. The Earth's horizon is viewable and street lights and such are not a big problem at a distance of about 10 miles to the nearest mountain in that direction. Anyway, I very much like to have mountains to look at but also having the open sky is wonderful.

I have finished my morning cup of coffee. Both breakfast and a second breakfast (of pumpkin pie from the freezer yesterday ~ hey, something had to be done with DD's leftover Cool Whip ;)!) Three loads of clothes were washed and dried, indoor trash was collected and carried out to the garbage can, the clothesline over the lawn was taken down ~ I don't think that I will be needing that for awhile ...)

Speaking of "open skies," it is very dark today despite everything being covered with hoarfrost out there. We had some sunshine again yesterday but it only melted frost on the south side of the roofs. No above freezing temperatures for 5 days now and that looks to continue, sunshine or not, clouds or not. This is officially "unhealthy" air. Dang! Well, it used to be worse when so many people were heating their homes with wood. And, it doesn't look like it will be much worse because we are supposed to have another little snowstorm before the week is out. So, I guess, I'm looking forward to snow :D.

Steve
I like to look at the sky too. I have so many trees that I cannot see a lot. Snowing a little right now here.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanksgiving went well. DS has Christmas lights up outside and I have been doing some shopping on line for the kids. It is snowing a little bit here. I went out and filled the bird feeder. I have suet in a cage and the squirrel was upside down hanging on eating suet. DS fixed the porch where they cannot get in the roof of the house, so I don't care if they are in the tree.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning. I can't say that I was "wide awake" at 1 but by 2, I knew that staying in bed was gaining me nothing, not even comfort ... pretended that I was still in bed while in lazyboy but moved on to breakfast of reheated leftover blueberry dollar cakes and a persimmon.

There is more snow falling but not much from yesterday and not much coming for awhile. There is a big storm on the coast this morning but little has made it over the mountains at 4:30AM. May be able to just broom it out of the way for the kids to go by on their way to school.

Oolong is gone so I'm moving on to the herbal. Really taxing my culinary skills this AM with 5 ingredients. Licorice root, orange zest, peppermint, anise hyssop, & dried cranberries. I like to give the steeping, at least, 30 minutes so the little tea kettle is sitting on the stove with a little heat under it. It can stay that way for about 2 hours. And, you know, reheating the leftover tea in the afternoon I think yields the most flavorful cup :)

Steve, oh, i feel a little sleepiness coming on .... Zzzzz

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good morning! Coffee is ready! I’m going outside to do more cleanup on my new clean fence row. Yesterday I pulled, dug and machete chopped green briar roots and those bulbs they make under ground. I got half done. I was tired, dirty and sore.For every one I put on the burn pile, that’s one that won’t come back up.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mom's on day 2 of cookie making. Round 4. i'm going back to sleep in a few minutes. gray and blah outside and i don't want to clean anything or do anything else and my book is waiting for me to wake up enough to care, but really it's too early and i don't care. :) once i put on the right background music...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Three rounds with the snow shovel, yesterday. Well, I say 3 but I didn't make it to the backyard on the last one.

It's mostly just Early Season Me – and trying to limit footprints frozen onto the sidewalk ;). There is about 5" of snow. I will be out before a second breakfast and start from the backdoor :). Have to walk past the washing machine, currently laboring through it's first load and have it progress to second. Timing is everything in life so I don't want to interfere with the Breakfast #2 with all this Saturday activity.

I hope DW doesn't think of anything requiring a drive. Yesterday morning, the roads were bad enough. Started to slide at the intersection with ours on the way home – just continued right on straight so as to circle back. Funny how one never thinks about  slight downhills until that sheet of ice shows up and the vehicle gives you a hint 🍥🚗.

Steve, chain up if you are driving over the hill from Seattle east on i90, it's required

Latest posts