Coffee

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready! The ground is white with frost. Yesterday morning my Anatolian livestock guard dogs had frost on their fur on their backs. They will take shelter and get cozy, but often will sleep in the open. Some sheep took shelter, others wore their frosty coats.

Granddaughters and I went grocery shopping yesterday. We planned their menu and got the things they wanted. Last night was spaghetti and garlic French bread, A ice cream bar for dessert and later a cup of hot chocolate.

Tonight is roasted whole chicken, corn, baked sweet potato and salad. They even picked out the salad dressing they wanted.
Baked sweet potato sure sounds good. I am trying to think of what I am going to buy when I go grocery shopping for the week.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready! On my second cup, then outside to care for animals. I have a ewe due any day, so will probably be today since I’ll be gone. Going to my sisters, we’ll go to lunch, then I take 2 little granddaughters to skate rink. Let them get their fill of that, pick up 16 year old granddaughter from sister’s house and come home. Saturday or Sunday I’ll meet DD back at my sister’s to exchange the hostages. LOL

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Morning all! Been really hectic here and it's NOT even June yet! I guess this is just a preview of what I can expect. In a way I'm NOT looking forward to June seeing how FH sister is going to be here from June 1-June 22 but in a way I'm also looking forward to June seeing how I'll be getting married.
We're getting a new car on Sat Jan 6th-2021 Chevrolet Equinox!!! Time to retire the 2015 Nissian Versa Note.

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Coffee is ready! On my second cup, then outside to care for animals. I have a ewe due any day, so will probably be today since I’ll be gone. Going to my sisters, we’ll go to lunch, then I take 2 little granddaughters to skate rink. Let them get their fill of that, pick up 16 year old granddaughter from sister’s house and come home. Saturday or Sunday I’ll meet DD back at my sister’s to exchange the hostages. LOL
Exchange the hostages - LOL

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My sister is visiting over this New Years weekend. We chatted in the kitchen in an alcoholic haze til late last night while I made 2 batches of macaroni & cheese, one for us with cayenne pepper, and another for the dogs with ham, ground eggshell powder, and no hot pepper. I'm finishing up my morning cup of tea now while sis is still sleeping. Not sure how she could sleep through the bark-fest that precedes the dogs' breakfast, but both critters gave a double paws up approval rating to their macaroni meal and are also napping. Today we open presents...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
As the New Year's Eve Party Wound Down,
Last Night

Screenshot_20240101-050716_kindlephoto-132440080.png

GottaGo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Now that all the holiday chaos is done, I get to kick into Christmas Part Deux. SIL and family are coming in from CA and KS, to spend a week. Second Christmas and all the wrappings, SIL has been shipping all the gifts to us, I've been wrapping them', for other family members. I've run out of Scotch tape and tissue paper lol.

Coffee consumption has gone up. I've got to cut back a bit, more chamomile or peppermint tea.

Latest posts