Coffee

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Good morning.
I woke up at 5.30am. Now I will have to take my dog for a walk as promised. After having a lovely reunion with my family on Friday and having barely any sleep, I was completely useless all day yesterday. 💤
So on with my walking shoes and off we go

After a coffee of course 😌 😋

GottaGo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My SIL caught a bug on her return flight from vacation, so she's been hiding. Seems I've caught something myself, but I don't think she shared since no contact. I felt wiped out yesterday, took a mid day nap. Toodled down to the work flop house (I'm in office on Mondays), but by the time I got there around 3, I was again feeling wiped out. Another nap, and now running a temp. This morning, before my coffee, my temp was over 100. No office for me today.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
a lot of stuff going around now. half the local relatives have had something recently and some are still out with bronchitis or recovering weeks later.

@digitS' i was trying to think of an expression for a biscuit and sausage but it would have to be a link sausage type for bump on a log. for pattie type (as in patties day) sausage stack 'em and smack 'ems (smack lips and gnoshing noises)? hmm... i'm pretty sure we're making pancakes this week sometime.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
a lot of stuff going around now. half the local relatives have had something recently and some are still out with bronchitis or recovering weeks later.
I hope your relatives recover quickly. There are more virus's flu and cold bugs going around than I have ever known in my lifetime in these past 4 years
@digitS' i was trying to think of an expression for a biscuit and sausage but it would have to be a link sausage type for bump on a log. for pattie type (as in patties day) sausage stack 'em and smack 'ems (smack lips and gnoshing noises)? hmm... i'm pretty sure we're making pancakes this week sometime.

GottaGo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Morning!
Definitely feeling better, not 100% but better. Mother Nature is playing games and a frosty freezing 28 degrees this morning. I covered what I could last night, brought in a number of things that I couldn't. Hussie the cat is liking this jungle effect.....

Hope everyone makes it through Second Winter...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Interesting how some of N America is experiencing record or near-record warmth while @GottaGo is experiencing a "Second Winter."

My plan yesterday to take full advantage of our warmth and sunshine was thwarted by having left the domelight on in the car. Sooo, Time was Spent looking out the window as the battery charger did it's thing. Then, HD didn't have the right size of plastic film for the hoop house and that required a trip to Lowe's.

Limited afternoon time for covering hoop house but the hoops are covered and film is mostly held down. Attaching to the door and window frames can be done today – anxiety about wind can be tossed off with WS putting it off until Wednesday. A breeze might be more comfortable under that covering if it takes very long to get the finishing touches on the structure. It has long surprised me how such a simple thing can handle wind once it is battened down with lathe and tacking, bricks and rocks, and baling twine crossing the top. Of course, it's in a protected location with the garages, fence and greenhouse lifting the wind ... and me walking under a 5 foot roof in the excavated center path ... actually, i don't like to be in there in the chaos of a windstorm but the plants in their beds don't seem to mind ;).

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
brr! some nights here forecast to get down to 19-20F for the next week and today will be the highest warm day (40F) until next monday (which is forecast to get up to 49F).

breakfast was cereal warmed up. and today is going to be another day of looking out the window at the birdies doing birdie things and various kinds of paperwork stuff and reading a book. nothing too exciting really but it's all ok. :) late winter/early spring patience...

GottaGo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Happy Friday! Did all sorts of transplanting of seedlings into salable pots yesterday while Hussie the cat kept me company.

And today, I'm back running a 99 degree temp, which for me is a temp. My standard is 97.5. DH's magic elixir is the beverage choice fir the day.

Latest posts