Coffee

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is quite an online game site! Do you make use of it, @flowerbug ?

no i just picked one from the list that came up and tried it, seemed ok (other than the music which i turned off).

Finished breakfast and have to run off soon. It was 43⁰f (6⁰C) this morning after a quite nice 74⁰f (23C) without too much wind, yesterday.

it's been windy and warm here enough i have been watering two or three times a day during the critical germination stage. things are certainly popping. :)

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
a card game, you deal out some cards and then leave one up next to the draw pile, the rules can vary a bit by the version, but the classic game is more simple where you play to match the suit or if you have a card which matches the rank of the up card you can play it to change the suit or if you have an eight you can always play it to change suit. the goal is to run out of cards. whatever you catch other players with counts against them. lowest score wins.

the game UNO is based upon it, but UNO has other cards in it which change what happen. Crazy Eights can be played with a standard card deck.

SOMETIME when there is more time, I will take screenshots of the special UNO cards that our family made. We call our version, "Uncle Tusky's UNO," and the cards give you abilities not available in the standard version, like where everybody switches their hands to their opponent on the left.
IF you can buy a deck with blanks, you can do the same, but the new ones don't always have blanks.
I had bought 2 decks when I taught school, and they each had 5 blanks.
Anyway, Crazy Eights is a fun game, too, and better time spent than Tic Toc!!

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
SOMETIME when there is more time, I will take screenshots of the special UNO cards that our family made. We call our version, "Uncle Tusky's UNO," and the cards give you abilities not available in the standard version, like where everybody switches their hands to their opponent on the left.
IF you can buy a deck with blanks, you can do the same, but the new ones don't always have blanks.
I had bought 2 decks when I taught school, and they each had 5 blanks.
Anyway, Crazy Eights is a fun game, too, and better time spent than Tic Toc!!
I've never tried or intend to ever use ticktock.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Iced mocha coffee and iced cacao are ready, but summer isn't here yet. I brought out again some long sleeves, as the temperature here isn't higher than 15C.
22304.jpg

Coffee, Earl Grey Tea, and Cacao Rolls for today, and wow, today's business is really nice. 🤭
22303.jpg

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Some specific snapdragon plants did overwinter in my garden without protection. The safer way is just dig them out and bring them under roof. They don't need much water in the winter months. I pruned them back a bit and transplante them again on the ground when the soil is warm enough. They can take a bit frost.

For the pruned stems, it's also easy to root in water. With this method, it's easier to enjoy some earlier snapdragon blooms. I did so this year, and the overwinterred mother plant blooms first, and the daughter plants growing from cuttings are also ready to flower, but they are much smaller plants - so I removed their flowers and let them concentrate on the vegetation growth first.
That is a lot of information and a lot of snapdragon care. LOL. I am not sure they will survive me taking care of them. I will read more. Thank you.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
It was 8c here this morning and rain on and off all day. Heating on and hot water bottle here
Raining here too. We had a little bit of sleet. We are just right outside of the frost warning tonight. I think might even be freeze warning for some. It will be about 38 here I think.