Coffee

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
My rhubarb crumble is about ready to come out of the oven. I cut enough rhubarb to put in the freezer too. I put a lot of compost on the rhubarb before they came out of the ground and I think the part where I put the most it really helped. The rhubarb looks nice. Some other has the big stalks and having to cut off stalk thinks trying to open and go to seed. I probably did not put enough compost or missed those spots.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on, had my second cup. Got to do laundry today, pack suitcase for trip to Galveston tomorrow, be back Sunday. Meeting friends, one is catering a wedding and asked for help. We don't have to serve, just set up the food and leave. Then we have fun and it will be a nice get away for me.

I bought 3 registered ewe lambs, 4 months old, yesterday. It took some finagling, as they only accepted electronic payment on phone apps. I don't have that capability, but daughter does. So between texting him, texting her, it finally got done after 5 PM and the lambs were paid for. I pick them up on the 25th in Llamo, a 6 hour drive from here. I'll go to San Antonio the 23rd, spend night with a friend, we'll do San Antonio the next day/night, spend the night, go to Llano (1 1/2 hour drive), tour the ranch (they promised) pick up lambs and come home. Yay! More fun!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Was working on expanding dog pen for Trip and Carson yesterday. Went in container for T-post puller, stumbled over something and did full face plant on floor. I cried. I cussed. A lot. It hurt. I banged my good knee, elbow, fat lip and forehead. Put up tools and limped to house. Rubbed knee with Arnicare, took 3 Advil and spent rest of day in recliner. This morning, no bump on forehead, no fat lip, elbow ok, knee not as swollen but still hurts. Limping but can get around. I rubbed knee with Arnicare before I even got out of bed. Gonna take Advil and go let Sentry and Sheba have a couple hours of freedom before I put them up. Going to Galveston!

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Was working on expanding dog pen for Trip and Carson yesterday. Went in container for T-post puller, stumbled over something and did full face plant on floor. I cried. I cussed. A lot. It hurt. I banged my good knee, elbow, fat lip and forehead. Put up tools and limped to house. Rubbed knee with Arnicare, took 3 Advil and spent rest of day in recliner. This morning, no bump on forehead, no fat lip, elbow ok, knee not as swollen but still hurts. Limping but can get around. I rubbed knee with Arnicare before I even got out of bed. Gonna take Advil and go let Sentry and Sheba have a couple hours of freedom before I put them up. Going to Galveston!
Oh no! I am glad you are OK!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Haha, it hurts, I limp, I don’t stop. I got the kitchen step ladder and scrubbed the love bugs off the windshield. Hate those things! There weren’t any in Tyler area. Back in near the coast area, so I return to love bugs. Let the dogs out, I’ll have to keep them closed up while I’m gone. I don’t think Chris could make them “go home” if they didn’t want to. I’ll put them up in a little while and change clothes and make like cow plop and hit the trail!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ouch!

Maybe you need a light in there, Bay'?

DD has been over having her mother help her understand a sewing machine as she works putting together a leather handbag. I was moving some computer equipment around and thinking about explaining how olde people have trouble carrying things, wasn't using my cane - needing both hands.

Does a young, active person understand? Questionable ... movement is so nearly automatic, muscle-memory sorta thing, until it isn't.

I have to think about, even  plan for moving. Just now, finished breakfast, DW shows up in living room and wants TV on. Where is the remote? Outta chair, turn TV on with button on machine, turn 180, move towards the couch, which end? Where's the remote?

Think about every step but I don't know where I'm going. Risk. Need Euclidean Math to be sure of foot placement so that I don't turn my ankle and crash into the arm of the couch. Oh, there's the remote!

Take special care in Galveston, Bay'. There may be heavy loads to carry and the light may not be good.

Steve
🎶. Standing there looking out to sea
And is she waiting there for me?
On the beach where we used to run
Galveston, oh Galveston

Latest posts