Reaction score

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
D6270610-D908-457F-86BD-40A60E538B5B.jpeg

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Getting caught up on posts. I've been running rather hard lately and trying to keep up on my phone. I see young people use their phones exclusively, but for me, there is nothing that can compare to my laptop and a cup of coffee. Feet up in the recliner, looking out the window and watching daylight happen. put coffee on, went outside, fed the rams in their respective pens along with their paramours, let the dogs and ewes out and came in for coffee. On second cup. Then I need to get busy doing something. This place still looks like an explosion in a box factory, breaking down empty boxes would help a lot. Unpacking stuff would help even more, but I don't know where the heck to put it.

I have the goal of building out my closet before I go for surgery. I'm going to build a shelf tower, put up brackets for clothes pole and go to son's house and get my hanging clothes. I don't even have a long sleeved shirt here, might want to get coats, jackets, etc here. Winter is bound to show up some day. I have limited saw horse room, I paint boards before I cut and assemble, it's easier that way. Have 2 unpainted boards, the rest need their last coat of paint.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@baymule i certainly understand, plus i want a fullsized keyboard and a big enough screen that i can crank up the fonts big enough so i can see things plus bigger pictures too. i want to be able to get a nice zoom in there on some pictures to see the bits of flowers and plants or bugs or, well, pretty much everything. :)

if i'm posting here on TEG or SS it usually means i'm stretched out on my comfy perch (futon) with pillows propped behind my neck and head and the keyboard across my stomach/hips. this way i don't put any strain on my lower back or my wrists or hands and can do a fair amount of typing. when it gets colder i might even have a blanket over my hands and arms to keep them warm so i don't need to see the keyboard much at all.

cooler weather starting to show up here in the forecast, but not cold cold yet.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Screenshot_2022-09-18-05-04-55_kindlephoto-180613488.png
We have LOTS of melons and the squirrel didn't take all the peaches from the yard tree, so lots of those right now.

What does DW do? She buys grapes, blackberries and lots of bananas! Today, we will make banana bread with blackberries.

Fruit must be half my diet these days ... counting cucumbers, tomatoes, eggplant and bell peppers as fruit - more than half!

Steve
let's see, melon and a banana for first breakfast ... maybe grapes and peaches for second 🙃

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Having a deviled egg sandwich for my 2nd breakfast and reading this article:

Simple pleasures: climbing trees

Did you used to climb trees? Do you still?

The utility guys are across the road. Apparently some real problems with the 40mph wind gusts, yesterday. In the afternoon, they were up in several trees and power poles. Today, they are back with the chipping machine ;).
I used to climb trees as a child in CA. There was one really huge pine tree I liked to climb. The hornets liked it up there too which was not so fun! Luckily I never jumped out of the tree trying to get away from them!

Latest posts