Coffee

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I unpacked some boxes in the kitchen and even found places to put stuff. I painted boards early this morning and again a little while ago. Knees are killing me from standing.
Try stretching...a LOT. I have come off of 3 leg injuries in the last few years, 2 I did to myself, 1 was somebodies driveway that they didn't bother to salt before I brought their loan documents.
My knees have been cracking, and I have HAD to find solutions.
One solution is that 2 DD's and I go to a local, that is small gym in a small town 5 minutes from their house. We first stretch, I do leg presses, and they slowly walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes, then stretch and then we take advantage of their showers. (Hardly anybody there 2 hrs before closing 2x/week.)
The other is that I have been stretching and doing every leg exercise I can think of on the other days.
The purpose is to build up leg muscle.
I NEVER thought I would have knee problems, but the exercise has been alleviating them.
Please work on your muscles. I felt fairly crippled earlier this year, now, not so bad. :hugs:hugs:hugs

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I woke up at 4, went back to sleep, dogs started barking at 5:30 and coyotes howling. They were close. I eased out on the front porch, wishing I had a rifle with a night scope. I've seen them on YouTube videos, they are so cool. Great for hunting hogs and coyotes. They cost thousands, so that's out of my reach. There was quite an exchange in communication going on, it finally fell silent.
going for second cup of coffee.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have had quite a time. A couple of weeks ago my leg started to ache and the thought of blood clot crossed my mine but it did not hurt to walk and there was no warmth or redness and then the shortness of breath happened and to the ER I went a week ago Monday. Bilateral pulmonary embolism for my THIRD time, 2016, 2018 and I have been on baby aspirin for 4-1/2 years. Have clots in left leg. On Wed. I was walking in the hall at the hospital and heart rate went up and went in atrial flutter which is from the strain on my heart from the clots, so they put me on diltiazem and it calmed down and they kept me until Friday. I went home and Saturday evening heart rate started going crazy and back in flutter. I did not want do anything more stupid than I have done, so had DS call an ambulance. I did not want him there with me scared or if something bad happened, so off to the hospital in an ambulance and they gave me fluids which helped calm things down and put me on a higher dose of the diltiazem and after things calmed down DS and I went home. Been doing okay. I have to go slow or get really tired. I have a primary care doctor appointment today and I am going to park in a handicapped spot because I think too far to walk for me. I have not been out to the garden since this happened. DD and girls went out to pick beans yesterday and had so many Evelyn ran and got her plastic wheelbarrow and they had fun filling that up. I should have been on the blood thinner, but I am so worried about doing that. If I was 80 then not such a worry, but I am not sure how safe all this is, but I cannot go through this again.. Nobody knows why it happens. Pulmonologist said I can come off the other medication. It is just going to be a long process and a bad time to happen with DD and a new baby and winter coming. I have only had 1 cup of coffee since last Monday and really have not wanted any. They said to watch caffeine. DS and DB bought a watch for me to wear to monitor my heart rate.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
You take care of yourself! Your kids and grandkids need you! No idea what is causing the clots? Does doctor have you doing any exercises for prevention?
Please rest and do what the doctor says!
First time was chickenpox and it was proven it was caused by that. Second time nobody really checked to see and this time I have no idea either. I had my doctor appointment and he said to come back in 4 weeks and do some blood work. Going to check for hypothyroid, but I will stay on the blood thinner. The atrial flutter is just temporary and brought on by the strain on my heart from this.

Latest posts