Coffee

meadow

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Happy Friday!
Friday is my sowing day now, as DH has every Friday home-office. We stay in the same room but do different things.

I prepared him milk tea and myself coffee. The pancake is a ready product from the discounter, but when you put it in the pan, warm it for a few minutes, and add some cinnamon powder --- it tastes totally different.
View attachment 54864

I have my coffee and pancake while selecting what to sow today. The Himalayan blue poppy looks so dreamlike.
View attachment 54863
What a cute screen saver!

Those are waffles. In the US, we'd call that style with the deep pockets "Belgian waffles", although I've no idea why.

Thank you again for the inspiration of your posts. I need to try harder (I'm still getting back on my feet and sometimes I'm not sure if I'm really doing all that I can, or if I've gotten into the habit of being helpless/feeble). One of the things I really struggle with is organizing my notes (well, and everything really), which is surprising as that was always my greatest strength. My friend in Hong Kong said they use the phrase, "Add oil!" to give encouragement. That is what I feel when I see your posts and photos. Thank you.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
What a cute screen saver!

Those are waffles. In the US, we'd call that style with the deep pockets "Belgian waffles", although I've no idea why.

Thank you again for the inspiration of your posts. I need to try harder (I'm still getting back on my feet and sometimes I'm not sure if I'm really doing all that I can, or if I've gotten into the habit of being helpless/feeble). One of the things I really struggle with is organizing my notes (well, and everything really), which is surprising as that was always my greatest strength. My friend in Hong Kong said they use the phrase, "Add oil!" to give encouragement. That is what I feel when I see your posts and photos. Thank you.
Yes meadow, we also use "Add oil" to encourage ourselves. Just never push yourself too hard. We need different things in different stages of life. Feeling comfortable is the best way to start (or stay). 🌷

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
As people here know, I have a taste for VERY expensive tea (the stuff they sell in China at auction) and brew Kung-Fu style.

I personally don't like the taste of coffee (to me it tastes burnt)

French coffee is burnt, but coffee coffee is very nice if made properly, I've moved recently to, get ready: Decaffeinated, I know, I know! Bue I have, for reasons,
😊🇺🇸

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of my cup of very pedestrian oolong :).

I had a strange experience in the kitchen this morning. Deciding that I would have cold cereal rather than hot, my diced apple went in a bowl just with chopped, dried apricots. The bowl went into the microwave without being covered by the customary hot cereal, of one sort or another.

One minute in the microwave ... I tend to the oolong. Suddenly, I smell something burning! "What have I done here?!" I check the herbal tea brewing in a kettle on the electric range. No, the temperature is at its customary, lowest possible setting. Open the door to the utility room. No, the smell isn't coming from out there. Briefly think about the outdoors, in the neighborhood.

By this time, the microwave turns off. I open the door - out comes steam from the apple and a little smoke! I'd charred the edges of several dried apricots!

One minute in the microwave mixed with an apple! I thought, "Now, it's only SUGAR that might have done something like this." I checked the information on the bag.

The rule of thumb, I've read, is that fresh fruit is about 10% fruit sugars. Perhaps, apricots are the same ... Dried Apricots ... 40 grams have 15 grams of sugars, "0% added sugar." Wow! We have gone from 10% to OVER 1/3rd sugar!!! Good Grief ... no wonder they nearly burst into flames!

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coffee and toast EARLY bc I needed to take some aspirin, in my overnight 2x/night pain meds for my legs.
Good for Pyg bc she gets to got out and not have any old dog accidents.
Time to go back to bed and let the alarm at 6AM get DH up.
I have my phone set with this ring tone:
That is ANNOYING! I bet it’s sure wakes you up!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I’m enjoying the luxury of a third cup of coffee. The SUN is up, shining brightly on the frost, making it sparkle. What a relief for it not to be raining. I’ll finish this, get dressed and go do chores. I’ve got the trailer hitched up to take Reina to the vet for a check up on her eye. She rolled in the mud and needs a good brushing. I’ll walk Buford around again today, working on leash training.
Y’all have a great day!

Latest posts