Coffee

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had coffee this morning. I have been busy. I had a quilt to get ready to mail before the post office closed and then went shopping with DS. I am going to pot up the seedlings in the next day or so. I have a lot less than I usually do, but this will be easier and I will probably have healthier plants.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm feeling that I should admit to having a single daily cup of coffee, usually in mid-afternoon.

Some of you may remember that, on the advice from my MD because of stomach problems, I was trying various ways to reduce caffeine for several years.

I'm not sure what it might have to do with memory and daily routines like the mother there with the dog and little kid :). Memory has captured some interest in my senior years. Yesterday, I was watching a tiny kid about that toddler's size in a parking lot. The dad was several steps ahead of him but I guess Dad thought it was safe because they were passing through disabled parking access. The little guy gave a bounce when he came in sight of their vehicle.

Kids holding parents' hands often (usually) are skipping their way through parking lots. The little toddler was too young to be a Skippy, certainly not without holding a hand. I see lots of kindergarten kids on the school grounds on school days. Walking? Nah, everywhere, it's at a run. Most of this is enthusiasm but I have to believe that the bounces and skips, and the running, has a lot to do with learning and reinforcing the memory of how to move like that :D. Muscle memory, I guess that it is called. Works for habits of all sorts.

Steve

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Good Morning all!
On Saturday had to take my youngest pup, Savage, to the vet for a booster vaccine and of course he got weighed- 77Lbs. The vet is still trying to say he's a little over a year old when he's not he's only 9 months old.
Such sad news on the news last night- a Nashville, TN private school lost 3 children and 3 adults when a 28 yr old female who used to be a student there went on a rampage and the PALMER Chocolate Factory in PA exploded on Sat and 7 people lost their life there. I'll eat Palmer Chocolate every once and while but I prefer HERSHEY Chocolate the best.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I built fence yesterday, didn’t leave for CPA office until nearly 4:00. Got there before they closed. By the time I got back home, fed and did chores, I dragged in the house at 8:10. Moving slow this morning, too slow. Need to get off my butt and get going.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Have decided that this the day to put the film over the hoop house. The WS had predicted winds over 10mph but it was already supposed to have started. Barely a breeze

It will take more than 1 day to finish; it didn't used to but I was younger. Tomorrow is supposed to be less windy and the last before some kinda system will be coming through. It would be nice to have more protected growing area by then.

First and second breakfast finished, some tomato seedlings moved to 4-packs ... it's time to stretch out the film in some warm sunlight, drive some rebar stakes and put the hoops in place. Good exercise, eh?

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Should have believed the WS!

The winds showed up a little late. Too much bother to fight with a 20'x30' piece of plastic.

Finished setting stakes and have hoops where they belong. Time for our biggest meal of the day - lunch 😊 .

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. It’s 54F and raining. It’s supposed to stop raining soon. I’ll do chores and maybe work on tearing down pallet shelter in front yard, dragging pallets across driveway to Cooper’s pen and rebuilding it. Only one Quonset hut in that pen, it’s got 9 sheep crowded in it right now.

Latest posts