Coffee

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Drought hit Texas hard too. Plus high prices that have ranchers selling everything they can. Add in aging ranchers whose kids aren’t interested and the young people who are interested can’t afford to buy the land.

without some kind of mentor and helping financial method in place most smaller farms are destined to be bought up by the bigger operations which are likely owned by corporations or turned into suburbias...

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
images

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning. Malto-meal, dried cranberries and honey in the bowl, pear slices on the side. Oolong in the cup :).

The decision on the cranberries was fraught. Oh, not really ;). I like cranberries as food but the bag of raisins ... no, it is that I have high hopes that the stevia that I ordered online can replace the cranberries that add only sweetness to the herbal tea. The stevia that DS sent me doesn't appear online or in the natural food store and 2 Asian markets visited. These Amazon shots in the dark for tea ingredients hasn't proven out so well. I don't just need honest purveyors of goodies but everyone with my tastes.

The cranberries can go back to what they are good for – hot cereal addiction ... addition.

:D Stevie

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning. Malto-meal, dried cranberries and honey in the bowl, pear slices on the side. Oolong in the cup :).

The decision on the cranberries was fraught. Oh, not really ;). I like cranberries as food but the bag of raisins ... no, it is that I have high hopes that the stevia that I ordered online can replace the cranberries that add only sweetness to the herbal tea. The stevia that DS sent me doesn't appear online or in the natural food store and 2 Asian markets visited. These Amazon shots in the dark for tea ingredients hasn't proven out so well. I don't just need honest purveyors of goodies but everyone with my tastes.

The cranberries can go back to what they are good for – hot cereal addiction ... addition.

:D Stevie
If stevia doesn't work out, you might want to try monk fruit sweetener. For me, that is the only no/low cal sugar alternative I've tried that doesn't taste "off", or have health and/or digestive consequences.

And I love dried cranberries in either hot or cold cereal, in place of raisins. A daily portion of those is especially helpful for men, to mitigate prostrate issues.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Gardening with Rabbits , just talked to my beef lady. New meat, "Snowflake", weighed in at 1,075 lbs.
Two years ago the steer, "Big Boy," weighed 1,500 lbs. Not a problem bc we got the 2022 steer, "Frostbite," last April.
Frostbite ended up costing $4/lb overall. Beef lady says that hers cost about $3/lb, but we paid to have half of the hamburger made into pre made patties, and I think they were a few other specialty cuts.
I REMEMBER your posts from last summer about the drought and ranchers selling off their herds.
I can't believe that the buyers kept them to feed them. I am pretty sure that they were butchered and the meat was on the market last Fall.
I think there will be a beef shortage this Spring, especially at the chain grocery stores.
I have been surprised really that meat prices are not higher than they are. Eggs went high and then low again and with the cost of feed I would think the cost would have been higher. Eggs from Washington are higher. They have cage free on them from a new law that chickens have to be out of cages in Washington and it will cost more to produce eggs. I wonder how they collect eggs from cage free birds, but 18 eggs are now over $5 if from Washington. I have not been grocery shopping since I have been sick, so I am not sure our other grocery store has Washington eggs or from another state.

Latest posts