Coffee

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Drinking a second cup of black tea with cream. Cordless hot water kettle and toaster are my only cooking appliances that will run under generator power. Stove and microwave are out until the power comes back on.
Is your energy back on yet?
That must be unbearable.

I would love to find one of those little camping stoves that you can use just a few sticks to heat up a small meal

Last edited:

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Of all the things I had to do to breathe and clear my chest. Making up a little quacamole with red onion and garlic, seemed too have killed off the last of this, what ever it was.
It lasted three weeks.

Hopefully you will get well soon!
I am glad you are well! I feel good. I have a slight cough now and then. I am telling DD about the guacamole with red onion and garlic. They are well now, but when DD gets sick, it seems to settle in her chest.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am drinking my coffee. It is warmer. It is 3 degrees and feels like 9. I think the high yesterday was 1 and the low was -10 actual temperature. I am not sure what the wind chill was.

The rabbit is doing really well in the house. I thought she would be upset. I think she was raised in a house in a cage and turned looked when she got bigger. She was tame when I caught her. I think it was 2019, but I am not sure. I will wait to put her back in the hutch in a few days. We might get 6-10 inches of snow Tuesday through Wed. night and I might keep her in so I do not have to deal with that. It will be in the 30s at the end of the week and 40s next week and that will feel like a heatwave. I think we really lucked out compared to other parts of the country.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I am glad you are well! I feel good. I have a slight cough now and then. I am telling DD about the guacamole with red onion and garlic. They are well now, but when DD gets sick, it seems to settle in her chest.
Wow. I just couldn't believe how that mix put a complete end to my chesty cough. I should have done this at the beginning of my problem.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
It’s freezing in Texas, but it’s not terrible. Will get above freezing on Wednesday. I turned water off Saturday night and drained pipes. It’s 8 AM and sheep and dogs are not stirring. I take that back. Sheba and Buford are playing, but no sign of Sentry. He’s not coming out of his warm place! Will start sleeting soon, need to finish coffee and get outside.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Where's Sentry's LGD creds?? Oh, I think that I remember that he had a health problem as a puppy. Gotta cut him some slack ... and, not just because he is a resident of the Sub-tropics.

;) -4⁰f (-20⁰C) again this morning. I have the garbage can out, forgot to wear one of DW's 2020 flannel masks. Really, it is scarf season or, maybe, flannel mask under scarf season. Looks like only one more morning of subzero since snow is supposed to show up tomorrow evening. I think that this should be a storm from Vancouver rather than Portland. This wind out of the Canadian Rockies is gonna take some time to make 180⁰ turn.

Finished breakfast waffle and Mandarin oranges with a very special oolong and now having herbal tea with the stevia leaf. I'm feeling good about that choice but need to learn the proper measurement for my little 3 mug tea kettle. Reporting on Herbal tea thread :).

Stevia Steve, who just pulled a pair of sweat pants over his pajamas ☺️

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sentry came out and ran the field with Sheba and Buford while I fed sheep. We went walking, the dogs know that phrase and always get excited when I say let’s go walking. We walked to the pond where Buford encountered ice. He was bumfuzzled by ice, but soon found a clear spot to get a drink.

I let the ram and his ewes on the field but kept the ewes and lambs in their pen. Sentry asked to go back in the ewe and lamb pen. He soon snuggled down out of sight. Sheba snuggled out of sight in the ram/ewe pen. Sheep stayed in but a little while ago, went out on the field. Only Buford is working and out on the field with the sheep. Nope. Sheep just came running back to their pen. Buford is patrolling before he comes back in.