Coffee

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am having my second cup of coffee. The sun is shinning and it is 10 degrees. I still have the rabbit inside. Now we are waiting for the snow to start late tonight. The forecast is for 6-10 inches through tomorrow.

DS had to buy a new battery for his car last night and put it in. He had to jump start the car yesterday morning and then at noon for lunch he had to get somebody to jump start his car, so he drove the truck back after lunch, which the heater does not work, but it has a new battery too. He put windshield wipers on a friend's car for her, so he was out in the cold a long time yesterday. He is still not completely well, but going to work. He said the building where he works is almost empty with co-workers out sick.

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Winter illnesses have definitely arrived. There was a great story on the news yesterday about a 47 year old guy who got called up to play hockey after a twenty year hiatus. It seems the Newfoundland Growlers had a game scheduled against the Adirondack Thunder, but the Growlers were short players due to a flu outbreak. They asked Terry Ryan to lace up his skates to pitch in. Such a great story!

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Coffeemaker broke 3 days ago.. I brought my emergency coffeemaker up from my pantry, the very slow one that the OTHER coffeemaker had replaced. I will limp through the week, and get past our board meeting tomorrow night, then buy a new one. I have 5 carafes from broken coffeemakers stored in the pantry. i am thinking of GIVING them to a local antique shop for $nothing. Maybe somebody that has broken a carafe could go there to buy a new one.
Otherwise, most are going to feed the landfill. :(
Enjoy your coffee today!!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
It’s 13F this morning. Coffee is ready and I’m guzzling it down like a diesel truck at the pump. It’s been nice Winter, but you can go away now. Going to get above freezing today. So we should start thawing out. Houston news said it was 18F and showed school busses warming up so the drivers could start their routes.
I’m ready for sunshine!

GottaGo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
And a balmy 3F this morning. Been stuck in Knoxville since Sunday night. Made it to the office Monday morning, but by 9:30 the snow had turned serious. So back to the work flop house I went. Since one can only read and nap so much (sacrilege, I know!) I am determined to make a run for home around noon. Reports say there are still icy patches, so a 40 mile commute is likely to take me an hour plus.

Oh, finished my 2nd cuppa, and now onto tea. Warm beverages are a necessity for me!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
After buying a bunch of different cold cereals during the Summer, I put some of them in the cabinet in the utility room and thought I'd brought all of them into the kitchen by now. Checking to see, no, there is one. Peanut Butter Corn Chex!? I don't remember buying this cereal!

Well, I was pleased anyway. Brought it and put some with Honeynut Cheerios, sprinkled some Rice Chex on them. Corn, oats, Rice, peanut butter, and honey. Sliced a banana on top. Oolong in the cup — it was good!

Up waaay too early, shortly after 2AM. Catching up with me here in the lazyboy ... 😴

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I am going to have my second cup of coffee with this adorable homemade Port and Fig rolls. Today's is a heavy snowing day, no where to go. :p

15540.jpg

Latest posts