Coffee

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Winter illnesses have definitely arrived. There was a great story on the news yesterday about a 47 year old guy who got called up to play hockey after a twenty year hiatus. It seems the Newfoundland Growlers had a game scheduled against the Adirondack Thunder, but the Growlers were short players due to a flu outbreak. They asked Terry Ryan to lace up his skates to pitch in. Such a great story!
it seems like flu is everywhere 🤧

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Baking was a hobby of mine before I started my last job. Now that I am semi-retired from that job, I have gone back to some of my baking... though this kitchen doesn't have the room and surfaces of my first kitchen, I'm making do, and DH is enjoying the results.
It's the same here. No decent work tops

I love cooking and have more spices herbs and seeds than I can ever store.

Anyone ever watch

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
gardening and baking? :D
Hmmm... our gardening subconscious at work? Planting tiny yeast/seeds, kneading flour/soil, and getting to watch both get taller if all goes well. Do both at once, make an herb bread - loaves & leaves. :lol:

Memories..., I just talked myself into baking bread tomorrow. With the house all buttoned up due to cold, the aroma should linger for at least a couple days. And I know a couple people who could really use some cheering up over gourmet toast (or sandwiches) and coffee.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Day :frow . The Weather Service was a little  off with the overnight temp prediction (even updated 8 hours ago to  colder). It's 7⁰f (-14C). Maybe not off about the next 24 hours ~ with a little editing from yours truly ~ wind chill will take the temp down to nothing this morning and then the Weather Service will fire up the Snow Machine again tonight ...

Started the herbal tea brewing early with the coffee filter making a return engagement in an attempt to keep the herbal debris out of the tea. It's a compromise since it requires more brew time, interferes with flavors some, and doesn't always work for the purpose intended.

Breakfast is the store-bought little envelopes of oatmeal and fake fruit flavor that DD left here a month ago. Okay, I could have probably found some strawberries in the produce aisles to enhance this some if'n I'd thought about it during our run for supplies before the recent storm. May try a cranberry scone recipe today ... I wonder if I might be able to pull that off sugar-free..? Hmmm ...

Steve

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Happy THURSDAY morning all!
Last night I cooked Pork Roast (all day in crockpot), HOMEMADE Mashed Potatoes and French Cut GREEN BEANS for dinner, FH had 2 plates said it was very good. I'm NOT sure what I'm going to fix tonight, gotta check freezer even though there's plenty of food in it just have to decide what I want.
Last night FH got "THE CALL" that in the wee early morning hours of Friday VDot wants 6 trucks so yup he's going to go do SNOW DUTY again and not sure if he'll be home later on Friday or sometime Sat but the SNOW DUTY $$$$ is what is going to help us finish setting up the vendors for our wedding in June.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hmmm... our gardening subconscious at work? Planting tiny yeast/seeds, kneading flour/soil, and getting to watch both get taller if all goes well. Do both at once, make an herb bread - loaves & leaves. :lol:

Memories..., I just talked myself into baking bread tomorrow. With the house all buttoned up due to cold, the aroma should linger for at least a couple days. And I know a couple people who could really use some cheering up over gourmet toast (or sandwiches) and coffee.
That's it. I'm booking an air ticket and inviting myself over for that yummy bread. 😋

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Happy THURSDAY morning all!
Last night I cooked Pork Roast (all day in crockpot), HOMEMADE Mashed Potatoes and French Cut GREEN BEANS for dinner, FH had 2 plates said it was very good. I'm NOT sure what I'm going to fix tonight, gotta check freezer even though there's plenty of food in it just have to decide what I want.
Last night FH got "THE CALL" that in the wee early morning hours of Friday VDot wants 6 trucks so yup he's going to go do SNOW DUTY again and not sure if he'll be home later on Friday or sometime Sat but the SNOW DUTY $$$$ is what is going to help us finish setting up the vendors for our wedding in June.
That food sounds good, now between you and @Zeedman I'm going to have to cook something up.

Here an early congratulations from me, on your coming wedding 💑

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score

Here's hoping that your bread baking goes well Zeedman. Yesterday I tried a simple no-knead type recipe that starts with a series of stretch and folds over the course of the first couple of hours. After that I placed the dough in the cellar for about six hours, and then baked it on parchment paper in an upside down turkey roasting pan. It had a really nice light but crunchy crust. We took the author's suggestion and used the bread for grilled ham and smoked cheddar sandwiches for supper, and it was incredibly good; on the side we had refrigerator bread and butter pickles. The only change I made to the recipe is that I substituted a little bit of whole grain flour in place of 10% of the white flour.

Attachments

• IMG_20240117_183652636.jpg
    IMG_20240117_183652636.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Latest posts