Coffee

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Having coffee with my cat and rabbit. It has warmed up to 11. I thought I was going to putt he rabbit back in the hutch today, but I am going to wait until tomorrow and hopefully it does get to 30. I think we got 6 inches, so the low end of the predicted 6 to 10. It is supposed to snow a couple more inches tonight. Tomorrow was supposed to be freezing rain, but not they say snow and the temperature not as high. I have to shovel a path to the hutch if I decide to take her out. DS shoveled the driveway last night. I hope they are right about 40s next week.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
After buying a bunch of different cold cereals during the Summer, I put some of them in the cabinet in the utility room and thought I'd brought all of them into the kitchen by now. Checking to see, no, there is one. Peanut Butter Corn Chex!? I don't remember buying this cereal!

Well, I was pleased anyway. Brought it and put some with Honeynut Cheerios, sprinkled some Rice Chex on them. Corn, oats, Rice, peanut butter, and honey. Sliced a banana on top. Oolong in the cup — it was good!

Up waaay too early, shortly after 2AM. Catching up with me here in the lazyboy ... 😴
DD tells me that she sometimes wakes up middle of the night. I told her to call me bc often I am up at that time, too.
Do you have a "middle of the night buddy" to talk to, too?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
a "middle of the night buddy" to talk to, too?
DS is an early bird, also.

However, I can't be crazy about texting him. My program is to wait until 90 minutes before he needs to be at work. He is nearly always up by then and usually responds before leaving for work. He can, however, respond in his car via Siri during his 20 minute drive to work.

In contrast, he will text me at anytime, day or night. This is likely because he knows that I won't hear the phone (left in the living room) unless I have the hearing aids in. However, I may check it upon rising and depositing myself in the lazyboy. Very Seldom, I may use a captioning call service but never for DS or DD. Either way, I'd be reading what they have to say and the captioning makes mistakes. Let one of us make the mistake not some machine. And yes, Siri messes up for him in an almost consistent manner.

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good morning y’all. Coffee is ready and we’ll have some of @Phaedra’s rolls to go with it. @Branching Out your bread looks yummy too! @Zeedman is gonna be busy today baking bread, and he’ll enjoy the aroma as much as the bread.
@Zeedman place an open quart jar next to the stove. When the house is smelling so delicious, of baking bread, clap the lid on the jar and screw it down tight. In a few days after the bread baking smell is gone, just open the jar and it will smell like you are baking bread again! :lol:

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Here's hoping that your bread baking goes well Zeedman. Yesterday I tried a simple no-knead type recipe that starts with a series of stretch and folds over the course of the first couple of hours. After that I placed the dough in the cellar for about six hours, and then baked it on parchment paper in an upside down turkey roasting pan. It had a really nice light but crunchy crust. We took the author's suggestion and used the bread for grilled ham and smoked cheddar sandwiches for supper, and it was incredibly good; on the side we had refrigerator bread and butter pickles. The only change I made to the recipe is that I substituted a little bit of whole grain flour in place of 10% of the white flour.
Oh my, she's fast. I couldn't grasp the weight and ingredients. I like the first no messing recipe. Omg with that cheese it's looking so yummy 😋

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Good morning y’all. Coffee is ready and we’ll have some of @Phaedra’s rolls to go with it. @Branching Out your bread looks yummy too! @Zeedman is gonna be busy today baking bread, and he’ll enjoy the aroma as much as the bread.
@Zeedman place an open quart jar next to the stove. When the house is smelling so delicious, of baking bread, clap the lid on the jar and screw it down tight. In a few days after the bread baking smell is gone, just open the jar and it will smell like you are baking bread again! :lol:
Cheat :plbb :tongue :hugs

Latest posts