Coffee

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Finished my second breakfast of toasted "beetbread, " broken up and covered with almond milk in a bowl, orange wedges on the side.

Finishing the herbal tea because I have to make some more. You see, I headed into the kitchen early thinking that I would use regular orange, dehydrated peels for the tea. Then, thought that if it didn't work out – it would ruin the morning! So, I made the usual. Now to try the other type of orange with the usual additions and learn if im okay with setting up the dehydrator for a batch of those.

Steve

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Drinking a second cup of black tea with cream. Cordless hot water kettle and toaster are my only cooking appliances that will run under generator power. Stove and microwave are out until the power comes back on.
We once had the power go out for 5 days during a snowy winter and all we had was a propane camp cooker and no fridge or stove. It was interesting, but we did okay eating canned goods.

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Quotation-Fran-Drescher-Once-you-wake-up-and-smell-the-coffee-it-s-54-70-59.jpg

Good Morning wonderful people! Happy Monday. Hope all had a great weekend. Yesterday FH and I met a wonderful local baker whose prices aren't too bad either so we hired her on the spot. The only thing we have to do is pick at least 4 different flavors for the cupcakes and give her a total on the guests list when the wedding gets closer.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
We once had the power go out for 5 days during a snowy winter and all we had was a propane camp cooker and no fridge or stove. It was interesting, but we did okay eating canned goods.

i think the worst here was a week but i wasn't living here at the time. the tornado event took down the lines for two or three days. i have a routine for what to do when the power goes out or is threatening to go out and one of those checklist items is to not open the freezer unless there's something in there i want to eat right away.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
59F here, high of 67F. We are getting the rain that I’m so grateful we didn’t get last week in the FREEZE. Neighbor just texted he dumped 4 1/2” out of the rain gauge. We are in a strip where the rain will be 4 to 6” through Thursday morning. We have met our goal of 4” now onward to 6” and possibly above that!

My farm is a lake. Both Houston and Tyler news is cautioning about flooded roads.

I did animal chores yesterday morning and evening in rain. I looked and felt like a drowned rat. Sheep pens are so muddy, I feel so bad for them. A barn is on my list to accomplish this year. They will get higher ground, by the dump truck load.

Latest posts