Coffee

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Tea(s) are brewing. Peanut butter Chex and Rice Chex with raisins and banana in the bowl.

heh, i'm not awake enough to trust myself not to chew my tongue... but that sounds good to me. :)

Busy driving day yesterday and was back up in the lazyboy before midnight. That ain't a place to catch more than a nap.

we had to make an impromptu trip late yesterday back to the store. their machine ate Mom's check, plus she'd used gift cards and so now we have to double check today to make sure the amounts were credited back to them (the balance was not available to be used last night :( ). i don't like driving at night. plus i was annoyed by the whole experience. i suggested Mom get a debit card from her bank for that account.

Grumpy Forum "hall monitor" this morning – if the troll had copied @heirloomgal 's 2023 tomato comment & posted it on tomatoes 2024, I may not have caught it. I don't comprehend the reasons for this sorta thing but I reported it, just outta lack of sleep grouchiness.

troll, spammer, not sure what to call that i guess forgery?

Very foggy out with .06 mile visibility reports at airports. Another morning appointment so I should finish, or at least start, some household chores. 😔 digitS'

i had a very strange dream (involving penguins, dragons, and dust on a table) along with an interesting person who i don't remember their name and it was the frustration of not knowing their name when i should have known exactly who it was that woke me up - dreams that get your brain too engaged that become frustrating because you know you should know are enough to get you out of the lucid dreaming mode. and then poof you're awake...

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready! Going to friends house again today to tape and float sheetrock. I’ll go today and tomorrow, staying home Friday. Winds are supposed to be low and I need to burn a stump. It’s partially burned, but still a lot of it left. It’s where I want to put a barn, so it’s in the way. Lambs like playing on it, but it’s got to go.

IMG_5979.jpeg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
So what did they taste like? Were they bland?u

Bland is a description that would describe my few bites.

Seedy isn't a flavor but, they are. Interesting that the seeds seem so easy to chew. Maybe the plants don't develop hard seed coats until the fruit is more mature. That thought also comes with another — how would the fruit taste off the plants right at their peak rather than the shipping stage?

Almost time for the 2nd breakfast ... maybe open a can of peaches.

Steve

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Relaxing with my cat and coffee. A little warmer this morning, but I still have a fire. It is 35 right now, but better than in the 20s. It is cloudy and sprinkling. It is supposed to get to 48 today and I might go out and start getting the greenhouse outside cleaned out some. I have a lot of old trays and cups I need to throw away. The weather forecast shows clouds and rain the rest of the week and all of next week.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
The Year of 🐲 The Dragon
588px-Pitaya_cross_section_ed2.jpg

Good Morning. Yes, the fruit is grown and enjoyed in Asia. Wikipedia tells me, however, that Dragon Fruit is native to Central America!

So what did they taste like? Were they bland?u

Bland is a description that would describe my few bites.

Seedy isn't a flavor but, they are. Interesting that the seeds seem so easy to chew. Maybe the plants don't develop hard seed coats until the fruit is more mature. That thought also comes with another — how would the fruit taste off the plants right at their peak rather than the shipping stage?
Like many store-bought fruits, they benefit from some at-home ripening. I like the red ones; when ripe & cut in half, you can scoop the middle out with a spoon. They are widely available now; I'd probably eat them more often if they weren't so expensive.

There is a yellow-skinned version too - which I don't recommend. It is smaller, blander, and the seeds are at least twice the size of the red-skinned version.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Variety! Don't you know?

Alternatives. Here is something that World commerce could be paying attention to: alternative crops. Long ago, I did some reading about the mess Industry has at times caused in some places. Well, maybe that could be said about Anywhere.

I haven't grown Dragon fruit but sorghum and millet has been in my garden. How about dandelions and feverfew? Well, it wasn't the bushes of the feverfew family that can be used for latex. These are annual weeds that I tolerate just a little. Dandelions – I have eaten the leaves and roasted the roots as a coffee substitute.

Coffee!? Here's something for you to read while on your coffee break:

Latest posts