Coffee

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Good Morning Y'all! Happy Thursday, weekend is getting closer.
@Gardening with Rabbits, DS should look into Jim's Formal Wear for his attire seeing how as of RIGHT NOW they have a promo going on where the grooms is FREE. My FH and Team Groom went to a men's clothing store that partners with Jim's Formal Wear on March 3rd, $100 due at sizing then another $100 due 2 weeks before wedding. Yes, the mens attire is being rented seeing how this will probably be the only time my FH gets all fancy.

GottaGo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@Gardening with Rabbits, DS should look into Jim's Formal Wear for his attire seeing how as of RIGHT NOW they have a promo going on where the grooms is FREE. My FH and Team Groom went to a men's clothing store that partners with Jim's Formal Wear on March 3rd, $100 due at sizing then another $100 due 2 weeks before wedding. Yes, the mens attire is being rented seeing how this will probably be the only time my FH gets all fancy.
I am finishing up my second cup of herbal tea, which is part of my morning ritual of coffee-tea-tea to keep all systems running... smoothly?

I think rental on formalwear is a great idea, do they do that also for wedding dresses and other formal attire? I've seen some resales on wedding dresses that originally sold for thousands, and I can't wrap my head around that. But I'll pinch a penny until it sqeals lol.

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I think rental on formalwear is a great idea, do they do that also for wedding dresses and other formal attire? I've seen some resales on wedding dresses that originally sold for thousands, and I can't wrap my head around that. But I'll pinch a penny until it sqeals lol.
I don't know about rentals on wedding dresses or other formal attire. I do know I got my wedding dress from David's Bridal back in August 2023 and it was only $130 that's including the garment bag too!!! I think I posted a pic of it way back when (look back on my post from Aug 27, 2023).

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
...But I'll pinch a penny until it sqeals lol.

same here but nowadays i do it until the copper wears off and then it might squeak a bit. :)

the last suit coat i owned i gave away a few years ago because i had no reason to keep it and it was taking up a lot of room in the tiny closet space that i have. i also gave away a leather coat at the same time. i didn't like either of them at all. was good to be able to pass them along to someone who might actually use them or they may have given them away or whatever. i didn't care by that point i just wanted them gone from collecting dust where they had been for years.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I will tell him. Thank you. I asked him if he had thought about clothes for him. She will be dress shopping next month. He said he thought is suit would be fine. LOL I said well we will see. She might want you to look a certain way. I know DD had certain colors for her wedding.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am finishing up my second cup of herbal tea, which is part of my morning ritual of coffee-tea-tea to keep all systems running... smoothly?

We rented suit for DH for DD's wedding. I have no idea yet what they are going to do.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
same here but nowadays i do it until the copper wears off and then it might squeak a bit. :)

the last suit coat i owned i gave away a few years ago because i had no reason to keep it and it was taking up a lot of room in the tiny closet space that i have. i also gave away a leather coat at the same time. i didn't like either of them at all. was good to be able to pass them along to someone who might actually use them or they may have given them away or whatever. i didn't care by that point i just wanted them gone from collecting dust where they had been for years.
My brother is having a fit that he gained weight and cannot fit in his suit and he will not go buy another one. I think partly because he wants to lose weight and he is complaining about skinny leg pants. I hope he loses weight before the wedding. lol

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had my coffee this morning and I started some seeds. I am going back outside to clean some of the greenhouse out. I am going to have to make a new door for it with plastic. The other got ripped during the winter. The rest of the greenhouse is in good shape. I have things started inside in the greenhouse in the kitchen. I am not sure DD is going to get anything started, so I started enough tomatoes and peppers for her too. I am not sure what we are doing this year. We will get done what we can.

Latest posts