Coffee

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
"Women stand for the objective world for a man, and they stand for the thing that you're not. And that's what you always reach for in a song." Leonard Cohen

I was inspired by @Phaedra quoting Leonard Cohen to do a little more reading about him :).

Steve

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
GOOD MORNING everyone! Happy Monday! Gotta love rainy days (Saturday), FH and I went grocery shopping and when we came home he backed up the front yard close to the front door so we could unload the car much easier and he wasn't wearing proper shoes so down down down (COMPLETELY missing the 3 steps) he went, landing hard on his left knee, took me all day to talk him into going to the ED (and I wouldn't have if he wasn't a diabetic) seeing how within a couple hours even after heat/ice packs he could barely walk, ended up outta work for a couple days with bruised knee cap, torn muscles/ligaments in knee immobilizer.
Going back to bed even though I just poured my 2nd cup of coffee ne need to be up this dang early.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ouch!

So he fell off the steps of the front porch?

To answer the implied question @Country Homesteader , the employers need us up early, especially if our jobs are outdoors. It is easier to require afternoon overtime and allow DST to enforce early starts. First started during world wars when so many workers were recruited into the military, the DST cycle was turned off until it wasn't, during peacetime.

Steve, pleased to be retired and, also, no longer a rural school kid out waiting for a school bus on Spring mornings.

GottaGo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'm 'semi retired' ( I am in office 1 day a week, available to phone 24/7) and still drug my butt up at the 'new' 5 am to go into the office. IMO, it is a rude and unnecessary thing to keep changing clocks. It's proven that it is actually detrimental to the health and welfare of the populace, and at this stage of the game, serves no purpose.

Pick one. Stick with it.

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm 'semi retired' ( I am in office 1 day a week, available to phone 24/7) and still drug my butt up at the 'new' 5 am to go into the office. IMO, it is a rude and unnecessary thing to keep changing clocks. It's proven that it is actually detrimental to the health and welfare of the populace, and at this stage of the game, serves no purpose.

Pick one. Stick with it.
When I retired I stopped switching back to standard time. Winter is dark enough without having the sun set an hour earlier. I am on DST year round (for the extra hour of sunlight), and in addition all my clocks have always been set about 20 minutes ahead (insurance against being late). I'm sort of in my own time zone, but I check with the computer clock to know when to leave the house on rare occasions when I have to keep an appointment out in the real world.

GottaGo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
When I retired I stopped switching back to standard time. Winter is dark enough without having the sun set an hour earlier. I am on DST year round (for the extra hour of sunlight), and in addition all my clocks have always been set about 20 minutes ahead (insurance against being late). I'm sort of in my own time zone, but I check with the computer clock to know when to leave the house on rare occasions when I have to keep an appointment out in the real world.
I still have to 'obey the clock' for our seasonal produce stand and some other things, so I don't have your luxury lol.

I pretty much am up in the wee dawn hours, just how I'm wired. I'm on my first cup of tea, post coffee. doing the seed examination thing on round 1 of flowers. Have germination on cosmos and alyssum in 2 days!

dh, bless his heart, put my cart of recently transplanted seedlings out in 50 degree breezy weather yesterday. I've lost my broadleaf sage, Ace 55 tomatoes, but the peppermint and parsley look like they might make it. *sigh*

Latest posts