Coffee

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
we had to turn on the AC the past few days to get some of the humidity out of the house (we don't have a dehumidifier). it also was plenty warm enough in here as it got up to 78F inside. we've not needed to run the heat, but Mom was running it recently some mornings because of how cold she was feeling. she got her heating blanket back out after putting it away it was so cool.

we had a few good rains yesterday and last night so everything is watered.

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
we had to turn on the AC the past few days to get some of the humidity out of the house (we don't have a dehumidifier). it also was plenty warm enough in here as it got up to 78F inside. we've not needed to run the heat, but Mom was running it recently some mornings because of how cold she was feeling. she got her heating blanket back out after putting it away it was so cool.

we had a few good rains yesterday and last night so everything is watered.
We are supposed to get an inch of rain today!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
We are supposed to get an inch of rain today!
^^Me too, down here.

This shows the difference between those locations close to the Pacific and the "Intermountain West."

The Weather Service tells us that we can expect 1/10th to 1/4 inch of rain from the same storm. "Less than a tenth" on days following but a rainy week ahead. It looks good to me but I'm wondering about when I mow the lawn and what kind of mess it might me if I have to wait until next week. (I can live with that ;).)

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had half a cup of coffee and DD came early to pick up some fabric I had for her and to sit in the car with the kids so she could run into Ace and get some seeds. lol I planted some flowers yesterday and did some weeding and pretty dry after I rain even.

I have a plant growing next to a hollyhock and bee balm that I have no idea what it is and DS took a picture on his phone and came up with Sulphur cinquefoil. I guess that is what it is, but I have no idea how it got there. I also have what looks like yarrow spreading around in the grass and I had a yarrow plant YEARS ago and kind of surprised to see it growing where it is at.

I was going to share a picture of my yellow iris that looked beautiful, but I went to DD's house the other day and it got really windy and when I got home they had fallen over on the ground. They were beautiful for about 30 minutes. I am thinking of pulling them up. They are a lot taller than the purple i have in the front. The purple fall over eventually, but the yellow are taller.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
... I also have what looks like yarrow spreading around in the grass and I had a yarrow plant YEARS ago and kind of surprised to see it growing where it is at.

the frondy yarrows make very nice lawn plants if you don't mind the smell of them when mowing. they stay green longer than the grass when it gets dry. the downside is that they are tough to get rid of if you have any surrounding gardens that you don't want them to invade. a good edge is needed for them, plus watching for any vagrants that manage to get over the divide...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Screenshot_20240524_055205_Chrome.jpg
Sore back – improving. Had a little walk in the park, yesterday. Better mow backyard a day early, forecast rain for Saturday.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
This Rabbit had Kixs in the cereal bowl with strawberries and banana. More oolong but I'm on to herbal after a late rising.

Wonderful to be able to stay on the horizontal for 8 hours. My back was so sore (without good reason) 3 nights ago, I could only lie in bed for 3 1/2 hours. A little longer and steadily a little better since.

Yesterday, I was caught by the meteorologists' confusion that we would have 50% chance of rain today. Nope, this morning the forecast has been changed to 20% after 3pm. I mowed the lawn. It took extra time yesterday because of all the trimming around the new veggie beds. Opened the stealth compost bin under the greenhouse deck and turned half of the compost. Went through the final path on one new veggie bed with the spading fork removing some vagrant wood hyacinths, periwinkle vines and weeds. The perennials sequestered there along the fence have finally been moved and we have a path.

After all this activity, my back was better than it was on any day this week. Of course, I was careful AND it's far from "good" but I feel a little like @flowerbug — skateboarding around his garden, yesterday.

Steve

Latest posts