collared greens

gypsyfarm123

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hi all:) I am looking for some interesting recipe's for using my collared greens tonight for dinner. Normally I put them in a big pot with a little bacon fat and garlic and ham as the main, but I want to try something new and I am not really feeling like ham tonight,but that's all I really know what goes with them.(I am VERY new to collareds and first grew them last year,after watching a cooking program lol Now I just love them but only know ONE way to make them..any help would be greatly appreciated:)

gypsyfarm123

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Oh,and I apologize if I spelled "collared" wrong..I wanted to spell it 'collard' but my spell check says dif lol

bid

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That is usually how I cook them also, gypsyfarm. But your post got me to thinking. The first thing I thought of was how collards in a quiche might taste, as a replacement for spinach. That's one I may have to give a try. Then I googled unusual collard recipes. Those wraps look pretty good! http://www.hawaiihealthguide.com/healthtalk/display.htm?id=789

I will have to dig a little deeper on the 'net for some more "unusual collard recipes". One can never have too many recipes. Can't wait to hear what others do differently.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Creamed collards are quite good and they also work well in a stir fry with pork or chicken.

gypsyfarm123

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Right on! Thanks guys..looks like "Hoodat's" chicken stir fry tonight (since I don't even have to go to the market for any of the ingredients!) But them wraps WILL be on the next trip to the market (thank you, "BID"). Keep em' coming,all.I've got collareds coming out my ears!

Latest posts