Colorado Front Range

cityfarmer

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just joined the site. We live in Colorado Springs with a backyard garden for the last 5 years. I would really love to talk to other people about their challenges and successes that they have gardening in the front range. It looks like a great site!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome to TEG :frow!

My own growing conditions are probably somewhat similar.

However, you will likely be soon welcomed by a forum member nearby your city ;).

Steve

cityfarmer

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Thank you for all the welcomes!

Our vegetable garden is in the backyard. We built raised beds rather than fighting the Colorado clay/sand. One bed is 6 feet wide and 24 feet long. This bed is about 1/3 strawberry patch. One bed is 12 feet wide and 24 feet long. This tends to be where we rotate the potatoes, corn, pumpkins, and dried beans that we plant in with the corn. Our third bed is a 6 tiered/sectioned bed. It is also 24 feet long but since our property narrows as you approach the house it is 12 feet wide at one end and 10 feet wide at the end by the house. One of these sections is where the raspberry patch is, one of the sections is half filled with rhubarb and asparagus, and one section has blueberries that I just planted this year. We will acutually lose half of the section where the blueberries are since we built a larger chicken coop and we have to walk in that section to get around the chicken house. My husband belongs to BYC and told me about this sister site for gardening. The other beds rotate with cucumbers, tomatoes, peas, peppers, green beans, lettuce, herbs, broccoli, cauliflower, melons and carrots. This year I am trying beets and cabbage for the first time. I am attempting sweet poatatoes and onions again. We haven't had much luck with them in previous years.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
That all sounds wonderful!! Would love to see some pics of those raised beds...

Latest posts