Comfrey and cukes pics

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Beautiful photos. I have ranted about my battle with comfrey before. It is horribly invasive. I know there are some varieties that are not. I hope that is what you have. Cut the blooms quickly after they bloom and do not let it reseed. Never till it. each bit will turn into a new plant. It is enticingly lovely.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Kassaundra , can you post a pict of the whole comfrey plant??
I've been trying to decide if I have some in the yard - it's supposed to be wonderfully handy to have around with cows.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Beautiful photos. I have ranted about my battle with comfrey before. It is horribly invasive. I know there are some varieties that are not. I hope that is what you have. Cut the blooms quickly after they bloom and do not let it reseed. Never till it. each bit will turn into a new plant. It is enticingly lovely.
Sadly mine is a bocking variety so not invasive, I would love the invasive kind, it is one of the best high protein forage for chickens and rabbits!!!! I would want it to take over the whole 1/3 acre the chickens and rabbits inhabit.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Kassaundra , can you post a pict of the whole comfrey plant??
I've been trying to decide if I have some in the yard - it's supposed to be wonderfully handy to have around with cows.
Yes I will post a pic of the whole plant but it will be later this afternoon at the earliest

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lovely pics as always. The thought that went through my mind on the tendrils.... reckon a "city slicker" would think that's a weird worm? :lol:

Latest posts