Composting and soil amendment

southern28chick

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I have 2 compost piles that consist of AGED chicken poo, veggie scraps, wheat straw and pine shavings.

I'm thinking about burning leaves in my old veggie garden site (now that the fire ban has been lifted in my area). Then I want to mix in egg shells and the contents of my compost pile. That way there will be compost, ash, egg shells and topsoil mixed. Then I want to mix that in with the clay in my new garden site and add extra topsoil to that.

How does that sound?

Carri

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Sounds good to me. I do just about the same thing (we can't burn) and I use the cheapest garden amendment I can find.

southern28chick

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Chicken_Boy said:
Do you have a special composting machine that burnes it inside?
I just keep piles in the woods. I go out and water them and toss them around. It's great compost. I've never heard of a composting machine. Do you have a link to one?

Carri

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
southern28chick said:
Chicken_Boy said:
Do you have a special composting machine that burnes it inside?
I just keep piles in the woods. I go out and water them and toss them around. It's great compost. I've never heard of a composting machine. Do you have a link to one?
I know I've never heard of a machine, unless he's talking about one of those barrels that you manually turn...

Latest posts