Cone Shaped Cabbage!?!?

call ducks

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
ok so we (me and my grandfather) have grown so wired veg, but this year the cabbage grew wired and strange like a cone, i will get picks later on. But any one know what kind of cabbage these are? i know it is hard to tell with out pics.

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Is this a different variety that you bought this year? Cuz as Steve says there ARE cultivars that are meant to be that shape. Another is Caraflex, I bought some seed this year but never actually got around to planting it in time, and there are at least a half dozen or so more that are reasonably available to the home gardener.

OTOH if this is the same variety you've grown for years and it only decided to do this this year, then ya got me :p

GOod luck, have fun,

Pat

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have Jersey cabbage growing too. I saw it in a store earlier this spring and just thought it was weird shaped cabbage. It was tasty so when I saw the same cabbage on a seed pack, I bought it.

call ducks

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
will i never bought it gramp did :lol: so to him cabbage seed is will cabbage seed and there is only one type of it to him.

ezzirah

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I thought about growing those next year, only because I like growing weird stuff some times.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
digitS' said:
. . . Jersey Wakefield, maybe.

(click for pic)

They are a nice salad cabbage, I thought.

I grew them a few seasons (back in my salad years ;)).

Steve
That is what I grew. This year, I would prefer a nicer heading kind.

Latest posts