CONTEST - FREE Seed Prizes ~ UPDATE ~

davaroo

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Many of you may have caught that I have gotten onto a seed clearance at one of the local stores. Well, that has finally ended, but has left me with a lot of seeds. So the answer is simple - Hold a contest!

This "contest" is just a simple trivia quiz - some gardening related, some not. The fourth EG'er who PM's me correctly with all the answers will win a lovely prize assortment of flower and vegetable seeds hand selected just for them.

Be sure to add the words "giveaway answers" in your PM title. The winner will be notified by PM and can give me their address at that time.

Have fun and Good Luck!

1. 'Helvetia' is the female personification of which country, appearing on its coins and stamps, etc?

2. What is the Mexican in the 2001 film called The Mexican?

3. What royal house has ruled Monaco since the Middle Ages?

4. Which meat salad is the unofficial national dish of Laos?

5. Which short-lived dramatist is regarded as the first great exponent of blank verse?

6. The runner bean is a perennial plant with scarlet or white flowers. From what part of the world did the species originate?

7. What word, favored by crossword compilers, is a small case for holding needles?

8. In Greek mythology what was the name of the old man who ferried the souls of the dead across the River Styx to Hades?

9. In Switzerland, 1978, the corpse of which entertainer was reburied in concrete after it was recovered from extortionists?

10. What vegetable is traditionally used in a Moussaka?

11. What kind of vegetables are Kelvedon Wonder, Little Marvel and Hurst Green Shaft?

12 What hobby or pastime would you be doing if you were using a "trug?"

13. Islamic law states that after having sex with a lamb it is a mortal sin to do what?

14. Cacti are often refered to as what?

15. What does a cooper make?

16. Who is the first female in line to the British throne?

17. In early herb gardens, rosemary was commonly associated with what other herb?

EDITED: I failed to add a time limit to the initial post. I knew something was bugging me.... This will run until 9AM next Friday, 21 August, 2009

davaroo

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Southern Gardener said:
Hey Dave,

I just PM'ed my answers. Some I knew, most I didn't and one was kind of gross. . .:lol:
Yeah, well, you know me... I couldnt resist tossing that one in for fun!

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
What the heck? Has anyone else responded? Dave's giving away FREE seeds! I was looking up these questions fast and furiously because I knew I would be the last person to answer!

davaroo

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
TillinWithMyPeeps said:
I assume it is alright to look the answers up? That's what I did.
Of course its all right - thats how I found them.! :)

This is all in fun, just a little diversion.

davaroo

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
THE RESULTS ARE IN!

The winner is....... drum roll please........

"Chills", aka, Holly from from Sacramento, CA

She was the 4th respondent with all the correct answers. Interestingly, she had never PM'd before and was unsure if her message got through. Well, Holly, it certainly did - lightning does occasionally strike twice!

Your delightful prize package of seeds and gifts will be prepared this weekend and mailed out to you by First Class post.

I wish to thank all those who responded and remind you to look out for more contests in the future.

Latest posts