Copper fungicide

ZinHead

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Boron leaches at high (pH & temperature) & precipitates at low pH & low temperature, it also precipitates when soil dries out.
Boron is a co-catalyst to (Calcium, Potassium, Magnesium & Sodium), as well as Gibberellins, Auxins, Cytokinins, Abscisic acid, Ethylene.
It is just as easy to accidentally have an Abscisic acid reaction as an Auxin reaction if treatment is in the wrong place, at the wrong time, at the wrong pH, or wrong quality, especially if during water stress.
If an Auxin effect is desired it must be mixed with acids which maximum Calcium water solubility at low pH & sprayed on the apical meristem (2 to 8 ) weeks before desired Auxin reaction.
If Gibberellins effects, needs to be sprayed on nodes at Borax natural pH state (2 to 3) weeks before blooming.
If a Ethylene reaction, then pre-glycerinated & sprayed on lateral phloem meristem of branches, fruit spurs & fruit 3 weeks before harvest.
Spraying on leaves during hot dry or water stress times triggers Abscisic acid!!!!

ZinHead

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I do not know if it is actually safe. I would not worry about tomato leaves-they start to look bad as the season goes on. If you think you have diseases use disease resistant varieties best year, use crop rotation, and disinfect your cages ever year. I soak them in bleach and water. I know copper in high amounts can be carcinogenic especially for women. I do not know if there are safe forms.
Greens very high in Chlorophyll-A generally are very rich in organic Copper as a food source.
For fungicide, manufacturers look for toxic forms.
I have experimented with Copper Citrate as a fungicide & it is far more toxic to plants, than microbes!
Organic chemicals made by Copper enzymes in plants such as Asimina triloba are currently being researched for natural insecticide potential.

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Greens very high in Chlorophyll-A generally are very rich in organic Copper as a food source.
For fungicide, manufacturers look for toxic forms.
I have experimented with Copper Citrate as a fungicide & it is far more toxic to plants, than microbes!
Organic chemicals made by Copper enzymes in plants such as Asimina triloba are currently being researched for natural insecticide potential.
The treated wood preservatives are a form of copper. I have gone to favoring boric acid for the purpose.

ZinHead

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
The treated wood preservatives are a form of copper. I have gone to favoring boric acid for the purpose.
Very toxic chromated copper arsenate usually.
The problem with that poison is that it is not toxic to earthworms & as it leaches into surrounding things, the worms eat & distribute the poison.
Borax is Sodium-TetraBorate.
It's less concentrated than Boric acid, more water soluble, less toxic to humans & plants, plus has mild detergent properties allowing it to soak into cells.
It is actually more effective, in smaller amounts without the hazards, for those reasons.
It works just as good if not better as a Quorum Sensing QS agent as boric acid.
It is cheaper & easier to find too.

Latest posts