Copper fungicide

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
it may not be a fungus. if there are enough other leaves remove the leaf or part of the leaf with the spot and hope it hasn't already spread. make sure where it is planted there is plenty of air flow around the plant.

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Research phosphites Spots are well controlled. But mainly, jump all over it early so you interfere with the propagation cycle and reduce the fungal spawn both later this year and the early summer next year.

ZinHead

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Is copper fungicide safe to use? I read it can built up in the soil. How much would you have to use to cause harm? I was just going to use it on tomato leaves if I started to get any problems.
Have you tested your soil or water for copper levels?
Copper is only really effective in environments which are slightly low in copper or have trouble with soil fungi precipitating Copper.
Else it does more harm than good.
Disease can also happen when Magnesium or Phosphate is too high, Calcium or Boron is too low, or Iron becomes unchelated.
Best to know your soil & your species, then balance for a match.
Put up traps & zippers to eliminate invasive insects.
Most diseases spread by invasive insects.
Copper becomes very toxic at very low levels.
Once a plant is damaged, it won't recover.
A plant can be alive, yet permanently growth stunted.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Have you tested your soil or water for copper levels?
Copper is only really effective in environments which are slightly low in copper or have trouble with soil fungi precipitating Copper.
Else it does more harm than good.
Disease can also happen when Magnesium or Phosphate is too high, Calcium or Boron is too low, or Iron becomes unchelated.
Best to know your soil & your species, then balance for a match.
Put up traps & zippers to eliminate invasive insects.
Most diseases spread by invasive insects.
Copper becomes very toxic at very low levels.
Once a plant is damaged, it won't recover.
A plant can be alive, yet permanently growth stunted.

Thank you. I decided not to use it. I am not sure what I read or why I thought this would be so great.

ZinHead

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Thank you. I decided not to use it. I am not sure what I read or why I thought this would be so great.
It gets used in very heavy rainfall areas which are deficient in copper, very humid & have lots of anthracnose problems.
Else not usually the best option.
For Tomato leaf mold, Botrytis Cinerea, powdery mildew & bacterial leaf spot, (1/100) teaspoon of Borax in a gallon of water works better than Copper & is much safer.
(1/2) teaspoon of Citric acid per gallon of water is also responsibly effective & even safer than Borax.

Latest posts