Coronavirus numbers

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ok, I’m confused. I looked at numbers provided by CVC this AM for USA.

746,626 positive cases.
39,083 deaths (4752 are included of “probable” causes)

Independent and CVC labs have tested 381,302. CVC rechecks positive samples-5,096.

So if they haven’t been tested, how do they know they are positive? From articles, all deaths are being attributed to Coronavirus? Plus several articles stating that tests are unreliable-false positive as well as false negatives (at least 30%).

Is it just me but these numbers do not add up.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Probably cases are being counted. My grandpa is one such example. He has all of the symptoms, and tested negative for the flu, but because he is at the end of his lifespan they are not testing him.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
What are CVC labs?

The CDC maintains information on reports from the states in several places. If I understand right, the vital statistics are based on death certificates. Processing the data is slow.

The CDC also maintains more current data of a not quite vital statistics class.

The states are still purchasing test kits from outside the country. Tracking is behind the curve.

Steve

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
From what I've read, test kits approved by the CDC are reliable. They work. Other test kits not approved are not always reliable. I've seen Seed;s number, 30% may be false positive or false negative when doing tests to see how accurate they are. Of course that will depend on which test kits re tested.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
the CDC numbers are only supposed to be confirmed cases, but i don't know each state's requirements. for MI the requirements are:
"Note on the deaths: Deaths must be reported by health care providers, medical examiners/coroners, and recorded by local health departments in order to be counted."

Latest posts