Couldn't you just use a diaper??

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
In my new Park Seed catalog...
"...the super-absorbent fabric holds up to 16 ounces of water. As the soil dries out, it wicks up, and plants roots reach it. So you never overwater the plants or waterlog the soil, but you've got a 7 to 10 day reserve of water right in the container! Amazing!"
http://www.parkseed.com/gardening/s...SearchUnion=Y&CustSearchText=aqua+pad&x=0&y=0

Isn't this just the same material as a disposable diaper???

Anyone with rug rats want to give it a test?

:D

PotterWatch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I imagine that there are chemicals in a diaper that wouldn't be in this product. The stuff in diapers is more like water crystals or water beads . The fabric you posted looks more like fabric instead of something that holds beads or crystals. Interesting.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I vote for diaper! They have these gel bits in them that absorb and retain the moisture like potter said.

I wouldn't doubt a diaper would work, their are no chemicals in the diaper that would hurt the water to the plant that I have ever heard of.

I would go with luvs... they retain the best in my humble opinion since that's all we used with Zoe until she was good and potty trained! :)

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Take 2 medium sized pots (identical if possible). Prepare one as you normally would prepare it. In the other one, follow the general directions listed on the park website for the aquapad, substituting a diaper.

Plant identical seeds in each pot and place them in the same spot.

See how often you have to water the diaper pot vs the regular pot and look for any difference in plant size.

Does that cover it everyone?

(And 3 kids in diapers! YIKES!!! I had 2 in diapers at the same time and that was bad enough! :th )