Coyotes

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
OldGuy43 said:
We have coyotes around here, but they stay away. It may be because I play talk radio for them dusk 'til dawn. Are coyotes liberal? :gig
:lol: Too funny, maybe that's the problem I have a full time job now and Rush isn't linger through the air. I went out this morning and it looks like it was two of them in the yard last night. Luckily we have snow so it was easy to tell. I couldn't tell if they had been around the chicken fence because of course the are tracks around there from Daisy too. There were none inside the chicken yard and I kept them in today.

On another note I didn't see my neighbors chickens this morning. Not a one.

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
OldGuy43 said:
HunkieDorie23 said:
I have a full time job now and Rush isn't linger through the air.
Put the radio on a timer. That's what I do. :cool:
LOL, I finally found a station and spot in my office that I can pick it up at work.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Id try the radio on a timer. I think they also make a motion sensor that when triggered would turn on the radio. Im sure if you looked online you may find something.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
In the town where I live in Massachusetts, hunters are allowed to hunt coyote at night. I don't know if it's town rules, state?
Perhaps you can look into something like that where you live. Make sure your pets have their rabies shots. There may be poison bait you can use. Yuck but sounds like you have an extreme problem.

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
catjac1975 said:
In the town where I live in Massachusetts, hunters are allowed to hunt coyote at night. I don't know if it's town rules, state?
I'm pretty sure all states allow coyote hunting at night. In fact that's the best time to hunt them.

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Coyotes and raccoons are bad here this year, too. We lost a new born calf a couple months ago to what I believe was a coyote. I have lost chickens (only naughty roosters that I've booted out of the hen house/yard) to both coyote and coon.

I have a trail cam that I set up near my coop. It takes photos or video when there is motion/heat detected. This is how I was able to determine what was visiting my coop at night. I was surprised to find that we have at least 1 coyote that comes by nearly nightly, 'bout 4:30am. It has a path it takes, that is now clearly visible. Maybe setting a trap would work for you? I'm good at trapping coons, but not so good at trapping coyotes. :)

We used to have good luck w/ our old Great Pyrenees dog --- she kept wild hogs off the property, too! But since she died, coyotes and coons are our problem predators.

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
OldGuy43 said:
We have coyotes around here, but they stay away. It may be because I play talk radio for them dusk 'til dawn. Are coyotes liberal? :gig
:yuckyuck

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
catjac1975 said:
Perhaps you can look into something like that where you live. Make sure your pets have their rabies shots. There may be poison bait you can use. Yuck but sounds like you have an extreme problem.
Well I don't live in town and I don't know if hunting them at night is illegal but to be honest hunting deer at night is illegal and out here I know a couple people who do it. We don't have neighbor that close anyway.

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We have problems with coyotes, cougars and all manner of predators here, so I have 2 Maremmas that protect my stock. What makes me nervous is the stinkin' wolves that are making their home in SE Oregon now. D@mn all these protected predators...they will not just kill our cattle, but they'll kill my dogs too. No protection against those vile creatures.

Latest posts