Craigslist and Other Bargains

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'd paint those deer in artistic ways....vibrant colors and designs. Every time I see lawn deer I want to do that. :D

These people have the right idea...

concretestatue1.jpg

705d81e496966738957aec3dd9a96be3--concrete-garden-painted-concrete.jpg

20160916_115940.jpg

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, he's perfect. Reminds me of all my unfavorite deer. Stuffed full of my flowers.

Tell me about it. I was doing a tour of the gardens today and noticed the two beautiful, delicate rosebuds I had been waiting so patiently to see bloom on a plant I had nursed back to better health had been nipped off by deer. Same with my other rose bushes...clear signs of deer browse on those as well.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I find the lawn deer so ridiculously unrealistic(sorry, NY :hide), especially those with a buck, doe and fawn featured...you'll never see a buck with antlers are the same time spotted fawns are with does and they certainly don't hang around together as a family. Now, if they were full sized and realistic looking, they'd be sort of pretty, but the midget versions just look like something that fell off a Disney truck.

I like this one, though around here it would seriously get messed up when the local bucks tried to mate with it.

ct-public-art-kamin-met-0702-20170630

Or this one, which would also get messed up during rut when the real bucks tried to fight with it.

comfort_2272_114321095

Or these...

deer_statue__68100.1473787713.jpg

These are kind of artful....

sculpture_artwork_tessa_hayward_stag_and_doe_1.jpg

sculpture_artwork_tessa_hayward_standing_alert_deer_1.jpg

REALLY love these horses!!!

sculpture_artwork_sophie_courtiour_playing_horses_1.jpg

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Roses are crack for deer.
And hosta, lilys, sunflowers, astilbe, hydrangeas, petunias, daylilies, beans, potatoes, viburnum etc. and in the winter everything else that can't run.[/QUOTE

Don’t forget the raspberry tips, all our mature apple trees are pruned to browse line, and any other plant that you want them to stay away from lol. Oh the other morning I had to run a turkey out of the garden, if raccoons show up I will have reached my limit lol.just say no to deer statues.