Craigslist and Other Bargains

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't like those deers unpainted. I think they would look good even painted a solid bright color. But that's just me loving color. Our small outdoor mall has bronze statutes of deer that are really nice.

I've been looking for a small statute to place among the hedge in my sitting area in the front. Finally realize that I really don't have the room.

Mary

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Found a wonderful bargain or two at a yard sale yesterday.....

35415160_2259320200749697_5488542779187396608_n.jpg

Usually retails for $249-$349....got it for $20, along with the battery, which is dead and needs a new charger. Don't know if it runs yet~this was a sale to empty out a storage unit of items left behind by someone else(lots of really nice stuff!), so the people having the sale couldn't say if it runs or not, but for $20 I was willing to gamble on it. Got a little girl or two who will simply LOVE this!

Rain boots~$2

Kids books~FREE

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Beekissed, get an extra battery that you can charge while they're running down the other one as you know they'll drain it.

but then again, perhaps only having one battery will be a good limit to keep them from going too gonzo out there? i'm sure at least one of those kids is a lead-foot. :)

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Beekissed, get an extra battery that you can charge while they're running down the other one as you know they'll drain it.

but then again, perhaps only having one battery will be a good limit to keep them from going too gonzo out there? i'm sure at least one of those kids is a lead-foot. :)

They will be now that they can race one another...right now the oldest gets on her John Deere tractor toy and has the younger run after her as she circles the house. While good exercise for Ella and she really needs it, competition is way more fun.

We probably will just get a new battery and charger along with, as soon as I can call the company and find out if all the batteries for their riding toys are the same and have the same hook up configuration.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would guess it runs, otherwise they would not have kept it. It looks like it is in very good condition. The boots are so cute and they look new too! Great find.

Mary

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would guess it runs, otherwise they would not have kept it. It looks like it is in very good condition. The boots are so cute and they look new too! Great find.

Mary

That's what I was gambling on too, Miss Mary. They had a lot of very nice furniture from that storage unit too, they had these huge white plastic tubs that would be perfect for container gardening...a whole stack of them. If I lived in town with little space, I'd have snapped all those right up...they were $5 ea.

And everything looked fairly new and really clean, so I figured that $20 was a good gamble on that bike actually running when we get a good battery in it.

The boots looked barely worn too and it won't be long until they fit Aliza(size 13..she's now in 10 but it won't be for long and I always put them in one size too big so they have room to grow). She's 4 yrs old and her feet are already that big!

The people having the sale were the nicest folks ever and they said they would be having an ongoing clear out of that storage unit, with more free kids books to be put out, so to stop by...said if they found the charger to the bike they'd keep it for me.

Last edited: