Craigslist and Other Bargains

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@baymule have you set up your CL greenhouse ?
No, it's leaned up against a tree. To put it up, I have to take down a temporary fence that I am still using. Then cut a few oak trees and grub up the stumps. There is a green briar tangle the size of a school bus, with tree saplings grown up in it to be cleaned up as well. So No, I haven't set it up yet. I got a fantastic buy on it, so I grabbed it. But I have other more pressing projects ahead of it.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Look at this wicker set....all pieces $10-$30 ea. at our local Habitat store!!!!

24993497_1634592903271026_5207671017197661755_n.jpg

If I had a huge front porch these would soooooo be coming home with me!!!!!

And this little sweety is $55....

25152369_1634592983271018_8954443107199298415_n.jpg

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
These people do a great job and they are constantly rearranging the furniture into realistic groupings and posting the pics, they name the furniture with punny names, and they have a HUGE array of things there....they currently have a large pile of ancient barn boards they are selling by the foot, they have all kinds of really nice appliances~it astonishes me what people donate there...seriously expensive and high quality appliances, they often have antiques for very reasonable prices, exercise equipment, books, records, glassware, linens, etc.

They also have a contest among patrons of who can refurbish a find there the best, post pics on their FB site of the finished pieces, and they also put together their own repurposed projects and take bids on them.

I LOVE going there, just to see what they get in next...you never know if there will be some beautiful gem or just some cheapy prefab unit, but mostly it's good stuff. If I were starting out as a young couple and needed to furnish a home, this would be the place I'd come...this and Good Will.

They have a mid century modern dining set there right now that I LOVE and I usually don't fall for that era too often. So comfy, such clean lines and very sturdy.

We go there every week to check out the books and to gawk at the things we much resist buying.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Your HFH store sounds a lot like the St. Vincent De Paul store where I work on Fridays. So many generous gifting from people down-sizing, trading up, or gifting estate goods. I haven't seen anything quite like those wickers or they'd be coming home with me, but working there means first dibs on lots of really special things.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
WOW @Beekissed those wicker pieces look to be in amazing shape and a great price. I would also snap up everything if I lived close and actually had a place to use them. SWEET deal for someone.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
If they are wicker and not plastic that set would easly sell for over $1,0000 here. My ex has a shop for MID Century Modern big $$$$$$ mine is like bay open paint and pumping parts

Latest posts