Craigslist and Other Bargains

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
If they are wicker and not plastic that set would easly sell for over $1,0000 here. My ex has a shop for MID Century Modern big $$$$$$ mine is like bay open paint and pumping parts

They were the real wicker and not newer made, but the old stuff. I was there today when the last two pieces were sold and they were the real deal. Broke my heart to see all that go...I love old wicker.

My sister and I once dug a 6 ft. wicker swing out of someone's trash, not a thing wrong with it but age. My sister made it into a bench and used it several years, then gave it to me...I painted it bright white, made a red ticking cushion for it and hung it on my porch. Used it for several more years of lazy Sunday afternoon naps and reading, rainy days of swinging while wrapped up in an old quilt and listening to the rain on the tin roof, and just lots and lots of visiting and talking done on that old swing.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
They were the real wicker and not newer made, but the old stuff. I was there today when the last two pieces were sold and they were the real deal. Broke my heart to see all that go...I love old wicker.

My sister and I once dug a 6 ft. wicker swing out of someone's trash, not a thing wrong with it but age. My sister made it into a bench and used it several years, then gave it to me...I painted it bright white, made a red ticking cushion for it and hung it on my porch. Used it for several more years of lazy Sunday afternoon naps and reading, rainy days of swinging while wrapped up in an old quilt and listening to the rain on the tin roof, and just lots and lots of visiting and talking done on that old swing.
:love

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
If they are wicker and not plastic that set would easly sell for over $1,0000 here. My ex has a shop for MID Century Modern big $$$$$$ mine is like bay open paint and pumping parts

He'd love this set...even has a leaf to make the table bigger, has all the chairs and they are super comfy and someone has applied thick plastic to the material on the seats, so they are like new under it. Guess the price? $65 for the set. It's been there for two weeks now and I can scarce believe it!

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Local card shop wanted $6.99 for pack of 6 money holders I refused founds these at dollar store think prefect for kennel Wish i picked up more
upload_2017-12-18_11-33-16.png

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Local supermarket and Shell gas teamed up. For every $100 you spend you get points, the points get you a discount on shell gas. Because their is no shell near me I never really paid attention to the program. Last night I was out and needed gas the 1st station I came to was shell. When I got out of car there was a small sign about program. At the register the cashier scanned the bar code I have on my key chain. I got 90 cents off of each gallon.:ya:celebrate:clap:weee

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Local supermarket and Shell gas teamed up. For every $100 you spend you get points, the points get you a discount on shell gas. Because their is no shell near me I never really paid attention to the program. Last night I was out and needed gas the 1st station I came to was shell. When I got out of car there was a small sign about program. At the register the cashier scanned the bar code I have on my key chain. I got 90 cents off of each gallon.:ya:celebrate:clap:weee
Stop and shop does the same thing around here. My husband scrupulously shops on the correct days of most points. He has paid as little as 7 cents for an entire tank of gas. Now they have limits as to what you can accumulate. I never buy gas because he plans it out carefully to get the cheapest price.Me? I would never be bothered.

Latest posts