Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
worlds most famous pitch fork
upload_2018-2-21_17-37-1.png

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Checked and saw that my pitchfork has 4 tines. This city girl so wanted a hay fork. :p

Mary

In the good old days before tractors, on his farm in Michigan , my uncle used the 3 pronged pitch fork to load the grass hay onto the hay wagon drawn by his 2 Cleveland Bay mares. He used voice commands for the mares to stop, move foreward and turn at the end of rows. The 3 pronged pitch fork makes it easier to pitch a fork full of hay farther and higher onto the hay wagon due to less friction of the 3 tines rather than 4 or more. He used the 4 pronged hay fork to get a load of stored hay the drop it down trap doors in the hay loft to the mangers below to the mares and dairy cattle. So there you have it , Mary ! :)

RUNuts

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
So what do you call the pitchforks that are used by demons to punish the sinners? And how many tines? Dante's Inferno pictures showed 2 tines on the couple of pictures that I found. Who's been to hell lately?

Yes, I'd like a 3 tine fork. How much does a good fork cost? :rolleyes: Everyone needs a good fork in their lives. :hide

One with a lovely patina. The sears catalogue is a little out of date. Prices probably went up since 1912.

Latest posts