Craigslist and Other Bargains

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Our hay guy knows us to be scrounges. He decided to lay pallets in his barn to keep the round bales out of the dirt and asked us to find some. I went to Lowes today and asked for pallets. I got 14, took them and stacked them just outside his barn. I like free. I have more spotted, we’ll go next week and get them.

5E7E110F-EA2B-4E5F-B4F6-693CD9A5BE2C.jpeg

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
great choices @baymule I had a Carhart coat that I wore everyday for work from Sept- April (Blanket lined) When the sleeves got ragged I added some fabric that matched the collar. Even when it became holey and ragged I wore it. Best coat I ever owned. I no longer work in the elements and the coat is WAY to big ;) So I just bid it a fond farewell. Son wears the double knee work pants. HE is very hard on them. They last 3 to 4 times longer than the Dickeys and other brands that are less expensive. YES Mom buys him a new pair for Christmas or Birthday every few years. ;)

What you wrote reminds me of a song moma use to sing : " My Sweet Little Alice Blue Gown " you know : while it wilted, I wore it , I'll always adore it, My sweet little Alice Blue gown "

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Our hay guy knows us to be scrounges. He decided to lay pallets in his barn to keep the round bales out of the dirt and asked us to find some. I went to Lowes today and asked for pallets. I got 14, took them and stacked them just outside his barn. I like free. I have more spotted, we’ll go next week and get them.

View attachment 26186

Are you getting round bales ~ do you cover them with tarp so they don't get mold ```

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Small small world. I bought a vase off a woman who had it listed on CL. She wanted to meet in the parking lot of a popular restaurant. She asked me if I collected the pottery the vase was made of. I told her no I was buying the vase because of the goldfish decorating it. The woman told me she was taking care of her 92 year old aunt, trying to slowly empty the house. She said her aunt had a goldfish pond, she needed to rehome the fish. She did not want to put them on CL, she knew people used goldfish as food for another pets ( feeder fish) She said I could have them free. last night I went to get them. The house was very sad you could see it was beautifully landscaped at one time. Every thing was over grown. As the lady and I where tiring to net the fish, she started telling me about her dogs. She mentioned that she adopted a rare breed who was 9 years old from her vet. She just lost him after having him 9 years. I said the dogs name wasn't oliver , she looked very surprised and said yes, I said the owners name Jennifer ? Again she looked surprise and said yes. I told her he was a client for 9 years came in every Wed for grooming. I was able to give her a lot of information on her dog's past. Small small world. I am going back this weekend for some plants and to visit my new friend

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Small small world. I bought a vase off a woman who had it listed on CL. She wanted to meet in the parking lot of a popular restaurant. She asked me if I collected the pottery the vase was made of. I told her no I was buying the vase because of the goldfish decorating it. The woman told me she was taking care of her 92 year old aunt, trying to slowly empty the house. She said her aunt had a goldfish pond, she needed to rehome the fish. She did not want to put them on CL, she knew people used goldfish as food for another pets ( feeder fish) She said I could have them free. last night I went to get them. The house was very sad you could see it was beautifully landscaped at one time. Every thing was over grown. As the lady and I where tiring to net the fish, she started telling me about her dogs. She mentioned that she adopted a rare breed who was 9 years old from her vet. She just lost him after having him 9 years. I said the dogs name wasn't oliver , she looked very surprised and said yes, I said the owners name Jennifer ? Again she looked surprise and said yes. I told her he was a client for 9 years came in every Wed for grooming. I was able to give her a lot of information on her dog's past. Small small world. I am going back this weekend for some plants and to visit my new friend
I'm glad you have a new friend. I think it's wonderful that you were there to share about her dog. I think it was meant to be that both of your paths cross. I don't believe in coincidences. I think things happen for a reason.

Mary

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
:love
:love

Latest posts