Crazy Cardinal!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
For the last two days we have had a female cardinal at our back patio door and kitchen window, flinging herself against the glass over and over. She will fly away then come back and start in again. Very distracting! Last year we had a male Oriole do that; he was fighting his reflection. Even bloodied the window up a bit. At least the cardinal isn't bloody--yet. We put a towel over the window for a while--guess we may have to hang a sheet over the door. :/

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
That must be a little more than disturbing! I have seen some kind of bird decals that you can hang on the glass (cling type) that are supposed to discourage that kind of thing....

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
check in your area if there is a Wild Birds Unlimited or some similar store, maybe even the feed store might sell this but there is a film you can put over problem windows that attract birds trying to fly into them or fighting their reflection. not exactly sure what it is called but i've seen it and i know they use it in some window bird feeders so they also can't see you watching them while they feed.

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My sister once had a bird OBSESSED with her cars side mirror. He would sit on the side of her car and peck at it for hours! After the first month or so you couldn't even see out of it any more! It was CRAZY!

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
she's just protecting HER space...I'd cover the window while she is brooding her clutch

Latest posts