Crickets....

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I clicked on this thread I was braced and ready for it to be about those aweful, terrible, jump-at-you from the dark, throw-back from some ancient time creatures..... cave crickets. :sick They are invading my barn again this fall....

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Marshall temporarily doesn't have internet.

I am just happy about the prospect of no more pickin', totin', warshin', etc., all that garden stuff! However, I've got a lot of clean up waiting for me! Start with where it began and get that decaying board bench outta the greenhouse.

Then, while I'm slogging around in the garden dirt - I can get some bok choy and transplant them into a greenhouse growing bed! That should make the slogging in the dirt a little more enjoyable.

Steve Oblivious
crickets? - i don't hear much of anything

tweetyshrug_b.gif

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Haha...I was gonna type a quickie response to this earlier, but I had 2 little girls fighting over who was going to sit in my lap, so I had to call it quits. :rolleyes:

Goodness, I've been soooo busy lately. School, chickens, canning, garden clean-up and last minute preparations for fall/winter. I (mostly) finished my chicken tractor/coop for the layers and have them in it, but I haven't had time to tell you guys about it yet or post pics! I try to scan through the topics once a day at least, but often don't have much time to respond.

And I'm heading outside to enjoy this beautiful day now. Superbaby is napping! :cool:

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love the sound of crickets! We have such soothing night sounds here this time of year. Well, just about any time of year. I love the peepers in the spring, too. I hear crickets in my ears all the time, so a little extra sound doesn't bother me much, I guess.
I had company from Eugene, OR last week, so didn't get much done. The weather is beautiful here, up to 80 today, blue sky, slight breeze. I am trying to get my chickies acclimated to outside. I divided (well, DH did the work) the chicken house, so the big chicks wouldn't have access to the babies. They are spending days out there, but nights still in the house till we get an extension cord run and a heat lamp up. They are on the verge of being old enough, but I don't want to chance freezing their little fuzzy butts. The little roo is so funny. He looks like a miniature adult, such nice form and upright, cocky attitude. And very aggressive already, at nearly 6 weeks old. I am hoping that being put in with a group of older hens will keep him in line, once I put all the young and old together. Otherwise............
My garden is not producing much now but the occasional sad tomato. Mustard is growing, but not ready to pick yet. The one watermelon we cut was not ripe. I don't think the others will ripen at this stage. :(

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Sorry I haven't been on much either. I managed to snag an order for some crochet doilies. The lady wants 8 of them so I've been busy working on those along with the house, kids, and having a baby shower for our next to the oldest daughter. There just isn't enough of me to go around right now. :/ :th :barnie

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Been out of town to Ohio last weekend!....oh, maybe y'all weren't referring to me :lol: :hide

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would like to see someone with one post respond! Moreover -- I would love, love, love to see folks we haven't heard from in months/years just drop a note :/.

And, those "354 guests" might have an interest other than just visiting!

I once voiced my disbelief that so many register and then never post a thing! Look at the "User List!" Remarkable!

Steve

Latest posts