Coffee

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Maintenance work on TEG this AM, evidently.

I tried BYC – neither forum would load.

Finished first breakfast and hung out a load of clothes. Breezy and sunny ... the extreme weather in the center of the Continent must be what has caused so much air movement here in the West. DD reported blowing dust yesterday on her drive for a visit.

She likes my cobblers. It won't be that long before other fruits are out there and waiting for digitS' to cobble them together for desserts :).

Coffee?

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i had some hot chocolate this morning and then made breakfast (had a little bbq pulled pork left and mixed that with some elbow macaroni and tomato chunks).

@digitS' noticed same problem with TEG and SS and was able to get a few things done this morning and then not able to finish what i was doing. oh, well... it was then time to get outside.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had my coffee and did some weeding. I also started more flower seeds and watered everything. I been waiting for rain and finally watered the garden and flowers and still no rain. very breezy out and still 40s at night. I have most everything planted except squash and cucumbers. I started some inside. I have a lot of flower seed planted that I usually do not do and I have started a lot inside to plant later this year. I bought some stock flowers at the Farmer's Market and I have those planted and now I just ordered some stock flower seed. I started some cosmos and zinnias. I have never planted those. I have a lot of hollyhocks, coneflowers, bee balm, and asters started. I know all that will probably not bloom until next year, but that is okay. I ordered some red bee balm seed. I have morning glories in the green house and Grandpa Ott. I have some Grandpa Ott coming up in the garden from last year. I also planted sunflowers.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Having my coffee. It rained last night. I walked around looking at things and looking for flowers coming up that I planted. It will be a problem because I am not a flower expert and hard to tell flowers at first from weeds. I have so many in the greenhouse coming up. I have cosmos, bee balm, zinnias, coneflowers, tons of hollyhocks. I had not even heard of them before I went to the Farmer's Market. I have 2 different kinds of seeds to start. I did not know they were called gillyflowers. I have red bee balm seeds coming and Danish Giant hollyhock seeds.

My beans are coming up but the deer had gone through there and I am not sure if I need to go plant a few more. I have squash and cucumber starts in the greenhouse and they were out in the sun a little yesterday, but I am keeping them inside because we might get wind, rain and hail later today.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
@baymule sent me her weather! We have had t storms, then more, then...last night supPOSED to be showers, turned into a wild storm, MORE rain today, MAYbe clear tomorrow and Thursday.
DD's called me on my way to the gym--flooded out and closed.
Coffee was good. YES, this is a duplicate post.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Kix and Post Honeycomb in one bowl, watermelon in the other. Watermelon for breakfast? Yeah, why not? Altho, this May Watermelon must have come a long way before it fell off the wagon.

Speaking of May ... our shortest lunar month begins tomorrow LINK. This month is 29.19 days long; the usual month is 29.53 days. Wow! How does this happen??

Click the link to go to time & date dot com to see, almost a complete, explanation. I like how the author really just leaves you hanging at the end ;).

Steve :D

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have been busy all day. I went to a local nursery place and bought 2 perennial baby breath plants. DD has been wanting one, so I got it for her birthday which is in 2 days and I got one for me. The weather is just something else. Really nice and then really windy and lots of nice rain, but there was a funnel cloud spotted. It was in the same area where DD lives. She would have fainted if she had gone outside and seen a funnel cloud over her house in Idaho. LOL

I went out and covered a few things. We are very close to the frost warning area tonight. It is going to be 37 tonight.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Gardening with Rabbits 37 degrees?? That would be deep winter here! LOL
Coffee is ready, got to worm a few sheep this morning. I was going to grease my tractor yesterday but couldn’t find the grease gun, I have 2 of them. So I loaded Carson in the truck and we went to Lowe’s. I bought a new one. I put 90 weight gear oil in the gear box on the bush hog yesterday. I’ll grease the tractor this morning and start mowing.
Another huge storm coming tonight, then another one tomorrow morning.

Latest posts