CRISP pickle recipe!! For ya'll that are tired of soggy pickles!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
...but I like soggy pickles! dark moss green, that slight crunch, that almost bitter vinegar dill flavor...Like, out of the big barrel at that store with the sawdust on the floor when I was a kid...nothing like it! Vlasic...meh, costs more and not even cooked, don't even look like pickles!

here's for old fashioned pickles!

...course then, I like my cheerios soggy too...all these ads for crunchy cereals...i like cap'n crunch, but it always tears up the roof of my mouth...

neanderthals have different tastes i guess...

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
marshallsmyth said:
.....i like cap'n crunch, but it always tears up the roof of my mouth....
I know, right?

When I was a kid my mom never bought the "good" cereals. We got Grape Nuts, Cheerios, and bales of Shredded Wheat.

When I spent the night at my girl friends I'd choose Cap'n Crunch, and eat so much my mouth would be sore for days.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yea!

What the world needs is soggy cap'n crunch!

CAP'N SOGGY?

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Alright Bay - I'm trying my very first batch of pickles this weekend. Going to attempt to downsize your recipe to my little pile of cukes. Wish me luck!

8721_dscf0139.jpg

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
can these recipes be used with slicing cucumbers? when I chose my cucumber types, I thought, why would I want pickling cucumbers, I won't make pickles. now, i'm wishing my thought process had been a little different.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh good grief I hope so!!! I have no idea what 'type' mine are!!
I have some long, skinny green ones - some short, fat yellow ones - and a few that look like itty bitty watermelons.
They're all going in the pickle pot.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Anyone have a god recipe for sweet pickles???? I love them and want MontyJ to make me about 6 jars this year.:D

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
bj taylor said:
can these recipes be used with slicing cucumbers? when I chose my cucumber types, I thought, why would I want pickling cucumbers, I won't make pickles. now, i'm wishing my thought process had been a little different.
I have made these pickles with all types of cucumbers-it really doesn't matter. If you have slicing cucumbers, that is what I have used the most often. :cool:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
dewdropsinwv said:
Anyone have a god recipe for sweet pickles???? I love them and want MontyJ to make me about 6 jars this year.:D
Go to page one. There are two recipes that make awesome sweet pickles.

Latest posts