crispy plants, and quickly crispy

SuperChemicalGirl

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I have a 4x4 raised bed in my front yard. I lost a few things in it to cutworms. I put some Sevin (carbaryl) down around the base of the plants (and managed to hit the plants too) and 3 wooden matches around the base of each plant.

Now today I noticed my lone pumpkin and a tomato plant, which were previously looking marvelous are all of a sudden wilted and crispy. I watered them daily. Everything else in the 4x4 that is left (including more tomatoes) look fine.

Did the Sevin kill these guys?

6992_imag1977.jpg

6992_imag1979.jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Whoa!

I wouldn't think so.

But, "watered them daily" . . ? It is better not to do that unless you have a real good reason to.

Steve

SuperChemicalGirl

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
digitS' said:
Whoa!

I wouldn't think so.

But, "watered them daily" . . ? It is better not to do that unless you have a real good reason to.

Steve
It's a raised bed ... that gets an entire day of sunlight. It was getting very dry, very quickly. Black plastic mulch. I assumed it was like container planting... water daily.

Poo.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
sort of looks like you have a fungus attacking that pumpkin. watering the leaves directly daily could cause that. but it might be the dust is doing something to them.

Latest posts