Cucumber Vine White Flowers

bearmanz400

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Sorry...no photo today

I have what looks to be cucumber vines with a cucumber growth sporting a white flower what am I?

Cats Critters and Garden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Does the flower look like this?:
Bottle+Gourd+8-7-10+001.jpg

If so it's a bottle gourd.

bearmanz400

Leafing Out
Reaction score
haha what in the world am I going to do with that
I started my first garden this year - the seeds are from a homeowner I built a house for about 7 years ago
I ended up going to the local hardware store and buying many different kinds of seeds even the ones that I knew what I was planted are now lost after transplanting and not keeping track of what I was trying to grow - cant wait to start the next season fresh

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Find a grade school teacher who does crafts with the kids. They are popular to paint as decorations or make bird houses out of.

gettinaclue

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hoodat, that's a great idea!

I bet you could even go to a local child care facility and they would love to have them as well.

retiredwith4acres

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
They make good birdhouses by cutting a hole, cleaning out the seeds and veins inside, painting the outside, cutting a small hole for hanging, wiring or stringing and hanging.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Obviously, if you want to donate them- that is a wonderful idea. I will say, they are the only thing I grow in my garden, that I always sell. I get a buck a piece for them....Crafter's love them.

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
bearmanz400 said:
haha what in the world am I going to do with that
I started my first garden this year - the seeds are from a homeowner I built a house for about 7 years ago
I ended up going to the local hardware store and buying many different kinds of seeds even the ones that I knew what I was planted are now lost after transplanting and not keeping track of what I was trying to grow - cant wait to start the next season fresh
I had those one year, and I used a quarter to size a "door" (recomended my conservation department)
I painted them up with all kinds of pretty designs, and hang them here and there,-advice-be sure to put air holes in the bottom.. I used a little nail.
The birds loved them. They all were used. I also painted some in southwest colors and
designs and put near cacti for a decorative look. I saw someone selling plain ones on ebay, and they sold well..as a craft item.
Ypou have to let them dry a while, and then when you make the door hole, you can shake the dried seed out.
Have fun with them!

Latest posts