Cucumbers starting

Zeedman

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
He has it !
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dwarf-RED-...885350?hash=item212e1280e6:g:SCsAAOSwBahVFUuU

Actually depending on how things go I may order some. I just sent a message asking if any of the lablabs are day length neutral (with 25 types, I would rather not spend $150+ on seed of which most won't work for me) if it's only a few (or none) all I'll have left are the Galaxy white and the other long bean (a white and red streaked one) so I might as well add one more.
That might be the one. Although calling it a "yardlong bean" might be a stretch - literally. :lol: Most of the pods in the photo are over-mature & fully inflated; you can just see a small, immature pod in the background. If it were not for the pod inflation (a trait I associate with yardlongs) I would think it was just a red-podded cowpea.
Just got a note back from the seller. Looks like THIS one may be day length neutral (or at least very quick to produce) https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hyacint...574203?hash=item1ecf65ccfb:g:6pIAAOSwNSxVJ9XU
I'm pretty sure that is the same bean I have. The other day-neutral one (which I have yet to order) is this:
Surti Papdi - Chandi

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
5/23

And the growing news keeps getting worse!

I sowed fresh pots with Type II of what might be wild soybeans. No growth, all went moldy.

Two of the six rather expensive herbs I bought from Mountain Valley Growers (herbs aren't expensive but the shipping is) dried up and died (the pink savory and the Corsican mint). The Conehead Thyme and Syrian Oregano almost croaked too but I caught it in time. But I can't re-order without ordering a whole other six (that's how herbs are sold by MVG, in sixes)

At this rate, I'll go through my whole weed box without getting anything out (well, technically the bindweed DID grow but it didn't survive).