Curious, on YouTube

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I guess I watch cooking shows quite a bit. But, I was curious about what others might do with a single garden ingredient that I use a lot. Of course, with me, you might guess that was bok choy.

So many choices of varieties! I suppose that's why so many choices are in the seed catalogs.

Even how folks cut and prepared them for cooking was different in the 5 or 6 videos I watched. What was sprinkled on them during stir-frying, I even watched the cooking of Mexican dish. Do you go to YouTube for inspiration?

I didn't get a single recipe. It doesn't look like the best way for me to find recipes but it all gave me ideas ... I mean, my own approach is little changed over nearly all the time I have been growing this vegetable. Fortunately, DW does things a little differently and I can vary meat and sauce choice without having a nervous breakdown ...

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I might have a little too much time on my hands this morning ;).

This was on the PBS show I like to watch on Sunday mornings. I found it on YouTube. Thought of @moxies_chickienuggets !

Nothing to do with harvest and recipes :).

Steve

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Wow, that's quite a ways away from me digitS'. I had never heard of it.
We watch whatever PBS shows we can catch here, when they come in. Neither of us being SC natives, there is always something to learn.

meatburner

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Steve, have you tried the one on youtube that Chef Jarod has a video on? It is baby bok choy steamed and has a simple garlic soy sauce. It is really good.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'll look, @meatburner !

Funny, looking at 4 or 5 cauliflower crust recipes for pizza, sure turned up some variations! @catjac1975 suggested that yesterday.

I was left wondering if the real simple ones were just to get you started or if there was a problem with that crust holding together with very many toppings. Then I watched one guy toss a cooked pizza up in the air and catch it, unbroken!

Ideas. I'm still a print guy. I need to rely on a one step at a time approach and any sort of creativity has to come before I leave the starting blocks.

Steve

Latest posts