Customer # !

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It wasn't in the picture; Dixondale Farms catalog was beside my chair. Do you know your onions? It's a little risky to think you will get all your gardening information from seed catalogs but they can help! It would probably be best not to limit yourself to just 1 or 2 but only Harris Organic and HPS of the general seed catalogs have arrived in my mailbox :):

DDD21D20-D204-47A3-A31F-8293D5F3668C.jpeg

Shallots from Dixondale ... backcover ... I was just pointing out to a friend that a gardener can have something special. I have shallots and it makes me feel that I have something special. Yep. And yet there is something I can't get from Dixondale, there is an eschalion (banana) shallot ... What's That?!

The seed catalogs have started to come in! Do you have any? Will you be adding a new supplier for this 2018 season?

Steve

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It wasn't in the picture; Dixondale Farms catalog was beside my chair. Do you know your onions? It's a little risky to think you will get all your gardening information from seed catalogs but they can help! It would probably be best not to limit yourself to just 1 or 2 but only Harris Organic and HPS of the general seed catalogs have arrived in my mailbox :):

View attachment 22806

Shallots from Dixondale ... backcover ... I was just pointing out to a friend that a gardener can have something special. I have shallots and it makes me feel that I have something special. Yep. And yet there is something I can't get from Dixondale, there is an eschalion (banana) shallot ... What's That?!

The seed catalogs have started to come in! Do you have any? Will you be adding a new supplier for this 2018 season?

Steve

Steve perhaps the banana shallot is the same as the one Richters sells called Frog Leg shallots, they are slightly elongated too, I think they look the same. I've grown the Frog Leg, a very nice shallot.

Annette

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score

View attachment 22806

Steve
I started my onion seeds in flats in September or October. My best onion harvest ever was from last summer. I may have onions for the whole winter. I bought the same seed again as last year-4 types .

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i really don't like stuff in the mail
when i can find it all on-line.
usually any time i order things i
shudder at thinking how much more
junk i'm going to get and how much
effort it will be to get off those
mailing lists again.

at least with plain paper stuff i can
feed it to the worms. the glossy inked