Garden Addicted
Reaction score
#24001 Hyacinth - different color, different fragrance

434053511_397984416285276_8453868124193876898_n.jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh.

I have trouble imaging how you can keep track of names. I realize that plants existing on the property and your successful efforts at propagating from bouquets will limit your "catalog." Perhaps, you keep receipts for years, as I do — not an especially good technique. I couldn't keep names available for several dozen dahlias, and I had well over 1,000 sqft of them growing :).

Your garden journal? Oh my! Very Useful ... I used the moments before I fell asleep after stretching out in bed, when I kept journal ... on a irregular schedule .... maybe once or twice a week ..... over the course of about 3 or 4 years. Good for You, Phaedra! The information, local and personal, will have continuing value.

Steve

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh.

I have trouble imaging how you can keep track of names. I realize that plants existing on the property and your successful efforts at propagating from bouquets will limit your "catalog." Perhaps, you keep receipts for years, as I do — not an especially good technique. I couldn't keep names available for several dozen dahlias, and I had well over 1,000 sqft of them growing :).

Your garden journal? Oh my! Very Useful ... I used the moments before I fell asleep after stretching out in bed, when I kept journal ... on a irregular schedule .... maybe once or twice a week ..... over the course of about 3 or 4 years. Good for You, Phaedra! The information, local and personal, will have continuing value.

Steve
Yes, I had trouble keep track of names before this year, but I made a list with photos when I placed orders last autumn. And the garden journal also helps a lot - whatever related to the garden will be written down, otherwise I can't even remember when and where I order some plants or tools. I started this one from last November, and it's so good to have something to go back and check easily.

Latest posts