Dads Delusional

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I always thought for someone in his 90s dad had it pretty together till now. All of my life he waited for me to bring a woman to holiday table. I thought after bringing several partners to holidays he would be over it. Thanksgiving I invited my friend Kristine to my sisters, she fit right in and had a great time. When we where leaving my sister invited her to Christmas eve. After Thanksgiving my dad kept telling me how nice Kristine was and how much he liked her. Last night he was on phone with my sister he said Kristine was at 2 holidays do you think well get married ? :he:he:he Sis said that one Christmas miracle not going to happen

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Children are such special gifts to the world :).

I'm now old enough to be a great grandfather and still no grandchild. I very much keep my mouth shut about it ... DW does too but sheds a tear, now and then.

My dad has one great grandchild. He lives half way across the continent, actually farther, and will soon be out of high school.

Steve

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I always thought for someone in his 90s dad had it pretty together till now. All of my life he waited for me to bring a woman to holiday table. I thought after bringing several partners to holidays he would be over it. Thanksgiving I invited my friend Kristine to my sisters, she fit right in and had a great time. When we where leaving my sister invited her to Christmas eve. After Thanksgiving my dad kept telling me how nice Kristine was and how much he liked her. Last night he was on phone with my sister he said Kristine was at 2 holidays do you think well get married ? :he:he:he Sis said that one Christmas miracle not going to happen
Well … you did get his hopes up ;)

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
His generation many times prefers to be in denial about LGBT. My dad is 93, and the same way, so I don't discuss that with him about my daughter. It's just too pointless. And it's not like he has never been exposed to it! I just let them be. She is fine, living her life the way she needs to. And it is no point trying to reason with him.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I learned today that a friend's stepson invited the old fella to Christmas dinner.

Arthur's wife died last year and he has no children of his own. His one brother died young so there are no nieces and nephews. His stepson probably had an okay relationship with his biological father. I remember that he lived with his real dad while going to school. Shucks, I was at Art's wedding when the kid was all of about 4.

The kid is a grandfather now so Art was with several generations. I hope that they can continue to include the old fella.

Steve

Latest posts