Dahlia Digging Question?

GardenGeisha

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I know what you mean, Rusty. Vermiculite is $30.00 per bag here in Utah. Pricey! 'Sky Angel' is just spectacular! Wow! Please keep those gorgeous dahlia photos coming!

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
GardenGeisha said:
I know what you mean, Rusty. Vermiculite is $30.00 per bag here in Utah. Pricey! 'Sky Angel' is just spectacular! Wow! Please keep those gorgeous dahlia photos coming!
Wow!!!! $30.00.....it's high here too. Here's the Dahlia that is being used as my "Avatar".....called "Surprise"....I wish I would have kept more tubers of this variety.....I kept maybe 10.
7566_dahlias_8_30_2009_042.jpg

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
OK, I have avoided trying to grow dahlias for years, ever since my first attempts at caring for a purchased plant resulted in aphids, then spider mites, to the demise of the dahlia. But you all have really given me dahlia envy, so I am going to try again next summer. Now (to self) where shall I put them???......Hmmm....mumble, mumble.....What colors?.....:D

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
so lucky said:
OK, I have avoided trying to grow dahlias for years, ever since my first attempts at caring for a purchased plant resulted in aphids, then spider mites, to the demise of the dahlia. But you all have really given me dahlia envy, so I am going to try again next summer. Now (to self) where shall I put them???......Hmmm....mumble, mumble.....What colors?.....:D
:lol:.....Please give Dahlias another chance! There are enough people here to help you with new tubers and ANY Dahlia questions you may have. Some varieties can be grown in window boxes, pots, border gardens, just about anywhere that will have good soil, sun, and water drainage. I'm sorry that you didn't have very good luck with your other Dahlias. :/ If you have any questions....give us a holler!!! This is "Purple Taheijo".....some of these varieties I've posted before...sorry I didn't get any NEW photos this season....
7566_dahlias_2011_013.jpg

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
so lucky said:
STOP!! It's your fault I have the dahlia envy!:drool
Oh...oh, You now have become ....one of us...:p:p:p.....:lol: You don't have to be crazy to raise Dahlias...but it sometimes helps.... I pulled this photo off the "American Dahlia Society" website.....this is a 16 inch bloom on the variety called "Maki"...which is a variegated sport of "Emory Paul".....Enjoy! Feel the Dahlia force!!!!!:lol:
7566_marilyn_masurat.jpg

Latest posts